CnC Source Forums: Aaron "APOC" Kaufman Interview - CNC-Welten on C&C 4 - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aaron "APOC" Kaufman Interview - CNC-Welten on C&C 4 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NODSOLDIERGIRL 

• CBCPT Leader
  • Group: Network Staff

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

Daniel "AnNo1935" Voigtländer:
Hello APOC, You work for EA how came and how did you get there?

APOC: My story of how I started working at EALA isn't exactly a "by the book" tale, but more of sci-fi fairytale, oooz ah! Haha. In all seriousness, to make a long story short, one of my best friends, David Silverman, who you all know as the former BattleCast Primetime co-host, was a fraternity brother of my mine in college at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). David is a year older than me, when he graduated, he acquired a job as a Marketing Assistant on The Lord of the Rings at our EA Redwood Shores HQ. A year later when I was graduating college he told me they were building the marketing department at EALA and I'd be a perfect fit, given my passionate interest in video games and a few jobs in my past. He put in a GREAT word, and I had two pretty short interviews, about 15 mins in all, and they asked me to come work at EALA as a marketing assistant on LOTR BFME 1 for 3 months, no guarantees.

I said HELL **** YEAH! Slept on a friends floor for 1 month, then got a place with a friend in LA, 3 months later EA wanted to hire me, but as business goes, space wasn't open at the time. It took about a year for a spot to finally open up, and that spot was as an Assistant Producer/Marketing Liaison/Community Manager on the BFME/C&C Development Team. I had already become the quasi-LOTR C&C Community Manager prior, so the official hire on the dev team made perfect sense, and lo and behold, the rest is history as you can see now. Little known secret, my technical title is Associate Producer =) Also, my bosses at EALA have been Craig Owens, Mark Skaggs, Mike Verdu, Amer Ajami, Pete Larsen, Mike Glosecki, Jeff Charvat, and now Jon Van Caneghem. Yeah, I've had a few managerial switches, none were my fault though!

To read the rest of the interview in German click here.

If you can't read German here is the English version.

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:34 AM

Interesting to find out how he got the position.

#3 User is offline   NODSOLDIERGIRL 

• CBCPT Leader
  • Group: Network Staff

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostMighty BOB!, on 29 January 2010 - 04:34 AM, said:

Interesting to find out how he got the position.

yeah at least his story doesn't change :P

#4 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:43 AM

lol, yeah I think that's something that should be reserved for Kucan. It wouldn't be as funny if everyone always had a different story. It would devalue it when he did. :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users