CnC Source Forums: Gaming Update #26 | Completed: Nod Cargo Plane - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gaming Update #26 | Completed: Nod Cargo Plane

#1 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

--- Nod C-17 Globemaster III Cargo Plane ---

“Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy’s unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.”

So reads Sun Tzu’s Art of War. This passage in particular seems to have made quite an impression on Nod commanders, hence their method of moving forces around the globe.

Posted Image

After all, what better way to move an entire army than through the skies; through the Wild Blue Yonder—a wilderness as vast as the entire planetscape? And what better aircraft to do the heavy lifting than the C-17 Globemaster? With a carrying capacity of some 170,000 pounds, this plane can ship any and all of Kane's armored vehicles to any place around the globe with ease.

Posted Image

Despite being unarmed, non-stealth aircraft, there have reportedly been very few of these transports lost. This high survival rate can be traced to an incident in Somalia, where GDI pilots did indeed shoot down a Nod C-17. Though GDI officials claimed the transport held a cargo of stolen M2 Bradleys, the Brotherhood conversely claimed the plane contained little more than medical supplies en route to the desperate populace. The media supported Nod's claims; images of destitute women and children scavenging the wreckage flooded television screens throughout the Western world, prompting a massive backlash which effectively rendered GDI unwilling to use military force in halting Nod's shipments.

Posted Image

Modeled by CNCS-Chris and skin & cameo by Lazy6Pyro, all you Nod commanders out there can look forward to the sight of these grand aircraft as they deliver your war machine right to your front door—much like Santa Claus, except with tools of death instead of toys.

-General Aurum
Public Relations
Tiberian Dawn

#2 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Looking good! I don't suppose it would be fair to make this a valid target unit... ¬_¬

#3 User is offline   Nyerguds 

• C&C1/RA1 Mod Maker
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

lol no, not really. I did that once in C&C1, and then put Bazookas in the flight path... the mission was pretty easy from that point on :P

#4 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

View PostNyerguds, on Jan 21 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

lol no, not really. I did that once in C&C1, and then put Bazookas in the flight path... the mission was pretty easy from that point on :P

I can imagine... XD After all, it's a very acceptable and proven battlefield tactic. Cut off the enemy's supply lines, and he'll shrivel up and die. Too bad really, I wanted to see the look on his face when the tanks start rolling in...

#5 User is offline   Tore 

• Minigunner

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

Time to drop some MCV's on the nearby GDI base units on the Air Strip.

I really like the camo on this plane :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users