CnC Source Forums: Gaming Update #27 | Completed: GDI Gunboat - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gaming Update #27 | Completed: GDI Gunboat

#1 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

--- GDI Gunboat ---

During the Vietnam War of our reality, there was a sect of the U.S. forces known as the Brown-Water Navy. This force of shallow-draft craft had the job of hunting along Vietnam’s inland waterways for any contraband or smuggled personnel, as well as providing transport for special-forces units. In this, they were largely successful.

It should come as little surprise, then, that GDI—a force pitted against an army of guerilla fighters—would have a similar vessel to act as a coastal and inland support craft.

Posted Image

Colloquially known simply as the Gunboat, this water-jet propelled ship is armed with a battery of six surface-to-surface missiles at the bow and two fifty caliber machine guns astern. As a fast-attack craft, it does its job superbly, but lacks the thick hull necessary for prolonged engagements. Thus, they are usually on-site for only minutes at a time, expending their ammunition before rejoining blue-water elements of GDI’s navy.

Posted Image

The Gunboat was modeled by Ric and skinned by Soviet Deso, and if asked for my opinion, I’d say at least one of these two is an actual sailor—who else could have such a love for the sea as to craft such a beautiful vessel?

-General Aurum
Public Relations
Tiberian Dawn

#2 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

And here she comes, on the way to show Nod what kickin' ass is really all about...

#3 User is offline   Nyerguds 

• C&C1/RA1 Mod Maker

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

I remember those... killed a bunch of em in the last Nod mission :P

#4 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

View PostNyerguds, on Jan 23 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

I remember those... killed a bunch of em in the last Nod mission :P

Ahh, I take it you're referring to the map with the two horizontal rivers with no damn bridges.. Interesting one! It was the most drawn-out C&C mission I ever played. The Tiberium was all mined out in a jiffy, then I started sneaking troops close the GDI base only to uncover four full silo's hidden at the back of it... It was all down-hill from there. ¬_¬

#5 User is offline   Nyerguds 

• C&C1/RA1 Mod Maker

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Heh. You can use the Chinooks to hop engies over the cliff at the west side (just north of the flare) and take over the entire GDI base :D
http://nyerguds.arsa...nod/scb13ea.png (flare is waypoint "25")

Capturing and then selling these 3 silos of the other base is also an easy to make the enemy harvest for you. They keep rebuilding them until the place is overgrown with tiberium :P

#6 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

View PostNyerguds, on Jan 23 2009, 08:57 PM, said:

Heh. You can use the Chinooks to hop engies over the cliff at the west side (just north of the flare) and take over the entire GDI base :D
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstu...Nod/scb13ea.png (flare is waypoint "25")

Capturing and then selling these 3 silos of the other base is also an easy to make the enemy harvest for you. They keep rebuilding them until the place is overgrown with tiberium :P

Well, I'll be darned! Where did you get hold of that? Extracted from the game, no doubt.

#7 User is offline   Nyerguds 

• C&C1/RA1 Mod Maker

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

Obviously. Extract mission files, open in XCC Editor and use its handy Save As Image function :)
I got every single official C&C mission in there, including the unique PS and N64 ones.
http://nyerguds.arsa...cstuff/mappics/
Now I onl need to remake em all with fixed blossom trees... XCC editor takes the first animation frame of these things, but because they mutate ingame their first frame looks like a normal tree X_X

#8 User is offline   Herr_Koos 

• Commando

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostNyerguds, on Jan 24 2009, 04:29 PM, said:

Obviously. Extract mission files, open in XCC Editor and use its handy Save As Image function :)
I got every single official C&C mission in there, including the unique PS and N64 ones.
http://nyerguds.arsa...cstuff/mappics/
Now I onl need to remake em all with fixed blossom trees... XCC editor takes the first animation frame of these things, but because they mutate ingame their first frame looks like a normal tree X_X

And a fine collection of maps it is too! Which ones are you looking to remake first? Since TD won't have a campaign mode initially I assume the multiplayer maps are first priority.

#9 User is offline   Nyerguds 

• C&C1/RA1 Mod Maker

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:30 AM

myeah... we're kinda messing around with both... I'm kinda still annoyed at the team for scaring off our campaign mapper by forcing him to do MP maps.

#10 User is offline   Đüüüδε007 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Production Manager, Website Owner
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

View PostNyerguds, on Jan 26 2009, 06:30 AM, said:

myeah... we're kinda messing around with both... I'm kinda still annoyed at the team for scaring off our campaign mapper by forcing him to do MP maps.

He pokes his head in every once in awhile still. It's a shame that he just wasn't that consistent of a mapper in general.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users