Podcast Number 2.....yes, its coming. All right boys and girls, enough dancing around.
Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:18 PM
On another note, I have a question for the podcast. What will be done of iconic songs such as Just Do It Up? Will we be referencing any music from the future games, such as TS? Etc.
Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:45 PM
Also (trivial question I know) I'd like to know if we get walls?
Thinking quite hard here, but there is not much that comes to my mind right now... So guys keep the questions flowing the longer the podcast the better!
(Sidenote: Did anyone dig up podcast one somewhere?)
Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:35 AM
Edit: Looks like quite a few questions have been answered in PC1, we'll see what changed and what stayed te same .
This post has been edited by Kakashi: 16 March 2008 - 12:07 PM
Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:39 PM
1. Is there going to be a campaign (GDI and Nod) for the classic mode?
2. Is there going to be a campaign (GDI and Nod) for the enhanced mode?
3. Is the campaign of the classic mode going to be as close as possible to the C&C Tiberian Dawn campaign?
4. If the enhanced mode has its own campaign. What kind of missions are we going to see? (for example: Commando, defend an area, defend a base, Objectives, "just pwn everything the opposite factions has", base vs base, start with a few units, combo missiosn)
5. Are the civilian going to play a role in the campaign of the enhanced mode?
6. Does the classic mode campaign have the original mission briefing of C&C Tiberian Dawn?
7. Are you going to implement the FMVs into the campaign? (especially the classic mode campaign)
8. Is Nod going to have the "stronger" nuclear missile in the campaign?
9. What is about the airstrike. In C&C Tiberian Dawn you needed to destroy 1 time all the SAM sites as GDI. After you did that you could use the airstrike. That was possiblie even if Nod rebuilds its SAM sites. Is it going to be the same way in your campaign? Are you going to make it different? If yes, what do you plan for it?
10. Are we going to get cash, if we destroy a church? (talking about the campaign)
11. What plans do you have for the AI in the campaign?
Is there going to be an easy, medium and hard level of difficulty?
Is the AI going to use different tactics to win the game?
Is the AI able to build structures everywhere on the map? (like in C&C Tiberian Dawn)
12. Are we going to see a map of the world in your campaign?
Are we going to see how much of the world is controlled by GDI, Nod, neutral?
Are we going to get informations about the country like in C&C Tiberian Dawn?
13. Are we going to be able to play the map from different places? (for example: play the same mission but one time you start on the top and the enemy is on the buttom. One time you can start on the buttom and the enemy is in the right buttom corner etc. (like in C&C Tiberian Dawn) )
14. What is about theatre of war?
In C&C Tiberian Dawn there was the Commando mission. If you blow up the correct structure all is okay. If you blow up a different structure you need to redo the mission with a base. Is there going to be something like this?
Another thing is: In C&C Tiberian Dawn Nod campaign there is a mission where you need to destroy the X66 Mammoth production facility. Kane wants to get rid of the X66 Mammoth before it is even produced. If you finish this mission in C&C Tiberian Dawn. It will just be finished. In the next mission GDI is going to use the X66 Mammoth.
[Comment] Could there be even one Q&A or podcast or what ever where I don't ask something about the X66 Mammoth? NO as long as everything isn't 100% clear I will have a question. [/Comment]
What are you going to do about it? Is your campaign going to be the same. You finish the mission and there is no influence on the game later or are you going to use the theatre of war abilities. For example: If you destroy the X66 Mammoth production facilities, GDI will not be able to use the X66 Mammoth anymore.
15. Are you going to include all the C&C TD and The Covert Operation music?
16. Are you going to make remakes of them?
17. How many own created songs can we expect?
18. Jonwil worked on (may be still working on) Graphical User Interface modding. You also said something about a music player in game. (like in C&C Tiberian Dawn) So how are things going? Are we going to have a music player like in C&C Tiberian Dawn?
19. What types of music can we except?
20. (connected to 19) Are you going to make some new style music?
That was it for the moment. I hope we are going to get a really long podcast that answeres all asked questions as much as possible.
Edit: changed it to Tiberian Dawn (stupid typo)
This post has been edited by Mammutpanzer: 18 March 2008 - 08:36 AM
Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:25 AM
-> Will it be only playable on Windows? Or do you expecto to get it done for Macintosh? (Since Cider game porting is an easy way to archieve it).
That would be great to hear!
Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:53 AM
TiberiAN dawn, dammit!
A few things I would like to say about it. First, I am not stupid I know it is Tiberian Dawn. Check out my post everywhere else I wrote Tiberian Dawn. Second, I edited it. So it is gone. Don't be pissed about it anymore. 3rd This is a topic about questions for the podcast number 2. Not about finiding spelling mistakes of others. However you are right, I made this stupid typo and it is good that you told me this. However you could have done this in an pm instead of making a post, that doesn't fit to the topic.
Oh and by the way, you talk about acceptance and tolerance? Lol, you seem to be not enough self-critical. (I am referring to IRC #TiberianDawn and our conversation on msn ;-) )
Now to the topic: When I today morning woke up I had a few more questions.
(focus on enhanced mode) -> the answere of the question should focus on the enhanced mode. (except you plan not to do the classic mode as close as possible or 1:1 to C&C Tiberian Dawn)
21. Is the enhanced mode going to have its own story? If yes, does C&C Tiberian Dawn exist in that story or is this an "instead of C&C Tiberian Dawn" story? (focus on enhanced mode)
22. How is the story going to be told? For example: in the view of a person (like C&C TS) , in the view of one faction (like C&C TD), in the view of both factions (multiple factions) (like C&C FS) (focus on enhanced mode)
23. Are you going to stick to the Westwood storytelling ("just" storytelling) or are you going to make a 5 act story (like EA C&C 3 TW) ? (focus on enhanced mode)
24. Do you want to show GDI as the good faction and Nod as the evil one? If not. Do you want to show Nod as the good faction and GDI as the evil one? If not. Do you want to stay to the Westwood canon and show one faction as the good one and the other faction as the evil one depending on which faction you are playing? (focus on enhanced mode)
25. "It was always intended to be a war of ideology." (Ishmael-PG)
Are you going to stick to this or do you plan something different for the story? (focus on enhanced mode)
26. Are we going to see videos in the campaign (both classic and enhanced) where you can see a rocket soldier blowing up a tank or an Orca flying through a canyon (etc.) ?
27. In C&C TS the Nod mission where you need to destroy the prototyp of the Mech Mammoth Mk.II. After the Chameleon Spy enters the Communication Center the battle controll will be stucked. Your screen moves to the Mech Mammoth Mk.II and you get to know information about the Mk.II. Can we expect something like that? (focus on enhanced mode)
28. In C&C TS in the last mission of GDI. The GDI soldiers are going to tell you that there is a old GDI base in north east. They say you should check it out. This way of giving the commander information about the map. (doesn't matter if it is text or a video or audio) Can we expect to see something like that? (focus on enhanced mode)
29. What is about map expansion while playing. (you complete an objectives and there will be a new part of the map) Are you going to implement this? (focus on enhanced mode)
30. Are there going to be different ways to accomplish your mission? For example: You can really use different unit types. You could place a few artillerys on a hill and send the enemy base to hell or just come in with a giant army from another side. Another example is that there may be a little "hole" in a wall somewhere on the top or buttom of the map (that you don't see really good. You could use it to get a few stealth tanks through it and than attack the GDI base behind. Another example: You can choose if you attack the base from east. Your enemy has a lot of units there. The other possibility is from west. No units, but there are a lot of base defences on this side. (focus on enhanced mode)
If you don't understand what I mean, you may understand this: (obviously it is just an interpretation of myself, that the following quotation is talking about the same thing as I am doing.
"Missions were generally slogs through the maps with not a lot of creative ways to sneak around and accomplish objectives creatively with varying unit types." (Ishmael-PG)