• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New C&c Fps Rumors Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

After a clever fellow noticed a job listing on EA's site this past week and told Planet CNC, rumors are flying around the community about a possible new Command & Conquer first person shooter.

Basically it started with this job description:

Does the idea of contributing your specialized knowledge in sound design to the next generation gaming platform for EAs widely recognized leading Sci Fi franchise get you pumped? EA has an exciting opportunity for a Sound Designer who will work closely with the Audio Director on creating sound effects, dialog and music for a next-generation first person shooter game. You will be instrumental in designing audio elements for a high profile new intellectual property.

It continues:

Responsible for designing and implementing sound effects for C&CX including sound effects design and editing, music integration, field recording, technology development and documentation.

Since the rumors started EA has edited the job description and removed any possible material that could link it with the C&C franchise. Gamespot has picked up on the rumors and supposedly a contact of theirs close to EALA has squealed and the game is unofficially confirmed to be a "'Renegade/Battlefield-style' shooter set in the Command & Conquer universe."

I play Renegade a lot and although a lot of the production was mishandled, the idea is still a good one. Considering EA has lots of experience with the Battlefield series and Medal of Honor series I think it is within their powers to learn from the mistakes of Renegade and make a pretty good C&C FPS. I should also mention that EA has licenses for the CryENGINE2 and Unreal Engine 3 to power any new FPS games they develop, if you didn't know about that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users