• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hell, It's About Time. Yes it is official Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

LOL that's quite a distinction. Announced or shipped to shelves..

#22 User is offline   sledge roadhouse 

• This is my Real Face
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

I think they will announced it.

#23 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

View Postsledge roadhouse, on May 22 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

on a related note, Diblo 3 will be either announced or realesd in August of 2007.
one more item of disscussion Starcraft 2 will have a similar storyline to dune.

scary thought that starcraft 2 might as well just have starcraft 1 story it would follow the trend they have set so far :P

and diablo 3 will be cool though the plot might be diffcuilt as they all were killed in Diablo 2 :P

#24 User is offline   Wingdingo 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

As omeone who has played both series (soon to be for SC) I can honestly say that I enjoy both more than any RTS known to exist. Blizzard has he slightly cartoony art style, but that's not what they are known for. They are known for how engaging their storylines and characters are. I'm not saying that CnC's is weaker, it isn't. But there is just something in Blizzards games that keeps your attention and you can't wait to get to the next mission to see what happens. As any respectable gamer could atest to, you always want to squeeze one more level in.

I'll admit, in Starcraft, the Terran campaign is slow...that is until their last mission. Yeah it's a drag having the difficulty dip back down at the start of the Zerg campaign, but you are learning to play a whole new, completely different side. Same thing for the Protoss. Starcraft was the first, and it seems the only game able to implement three completely different play styles. Terrans are mobile, do average damage, can build anywhere, and can repair and heal structures and units. Zerg are fast, cheap, heal on their own, have power in numbers, build fast, but are restricted to losing units to make buildings and limited as to where they can be. Protoss are the strongest, sometimes fastest, have the most specialized units, are the most expensive and have more abilities then the other two races, but they are also limited to where they an build.

Looking at CnC 3, and from reading many topics about it, I can come to the conclusion that EA failed at doing something so complex. Even in the older CnC's, there is little to no difference between the sides, save for some units and costs. They do differ in story telling and feel, but it's not the same as Starcraft. I love both of these "icons" equally and will never betray one or the other. I played Starcraft first, but I love CnC too. I know most of you guys started with CnC first, so I can see why you guys don't really like Starcraft. It IS a completely different game though. When I first played CnC, I got the crap kicked out of me, and found it boring. A couple years pass and I start playing it again (after I matured a little) and guess what? I loved it as much as Starcraft.

I'll stop before this gets to be too epic (as if it already isn't,) and just ask you guys, don't be so critical and give both CnC and SC a chance.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users