Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

State of TFTW Hang in there! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:54 PM

Just to clairfy things a little, I HAVE made a lot of false promises this year about TFTW, though it was more in denial that I couldn't forefil them. Doing a Masters AND having a part time job really left me with very little time to do anything with the mod this year, that said, I assure you a lot has been done since the last time it was released.

All i'm saying is, the mod in no way has been abandoned, I and the rest of the team have put a ton of work into it since the last version, its not going to go to waste, sadly however don't expect any news emerge on the mod until at least mid-June, I've got one last hurl to go with my Masters (the exams) and after that I'll be free apart from a Practicum which I'll be taking care of part-time until September, I've no plans to be working until then so I will have time.

As for C&C 3, its release hasn't discouraged me to finish this mod at all, for two reasons, first, we're not going to be seeing the SDK for at least another three or four months, allowing for 'unexpected' delays that is, and second TFTW is a 3D remake of the original C&C, apart from the proper CY and Tiberium code in C&C 3 there are no real advantages to a C&C 3 version except graphics and that isn't a predominant feature in replicating the old C&C feel, besides, what good would it be to adopt the policy of ditching a mod once a better engine comes out? At that rate, a mod would never be finished.

Its debatable whether we'll be doing a C&C 3 version of the mod, Im seriously considering it but on the other hand remakes are the most difficult total conversions to do, Im confident though that even if I decide against it, probably another staff member will go ahead with it.

#2 User is offline   staude 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

great to know, and gl with your masters

#3 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

View Poststaude, on May 28 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

great to know, and gl with your masters

Thanks, exams were okay, its full steam ahead with TFTW now after I recover from my hangover... :D

#4 User is offline   Rico 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:18 AM

If you need help with textures I'd be happy to help, I've been doing a TAFE course on media, so my PS skills are improving _

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users