Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Renegade .PKG files help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Straka 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

OK, I'm new to Renegade. I recently downloaded this http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/fil..._missions;49631 Co-Op mission that gets you to play the single player missions in multi player (Play with my brother). I installed the file into my "Data" folder. Started the game and went to host, go to the map cycle and the Co-Op map doesn't appear. I go to Options in the game, go into "Skins" (There is a mod slot and character models) and select "Mod". There is nothing there too, just blank. I have no idea what else to do, I even renamed the .pkg file to .mix so it can be seen at the map cycle but is useless ingame to play in.

Anyone help me please?

#2 User is offline   Straka 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

Oh and yes, I tried to follow the instructions on that website too.

"Extract the file into your /Renegade/Data folder.
Start the game
Choose Multiplay LAN/Internet
Host game
Choose Map Cycle
And finaly choose the co-op mission from the Mod Packages"

I do everything well until here where I am lost. "And finaly choose the co-op mission from the Mod Packages"

Where is the "Mod Packages" option at the Map Cycle screen????

#3 User is offline   BogdanV 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:41 AM

Select the mod package from a drop down menu above the map cycle list. The therm "map cycle list" refers to the two (2) lists that you use when you want to select and play some maps.(one at the left of the screen, the other on the right side)
Also, renaming the file from ".pkg" to ".mix" is... well... damn stupid ! Its like renaming a ".txt" to a ".exe" . You can't run a text as an ".exe" !
The same stands for ".pkg" and ".mix" files. If they were the same, then why in God's name would Westwood make two (2) file names that would be I-d-e-n-t-I-c-a-l ?!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users