• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Progress As Of 1/04/05 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:13 PM

ah OK ill just change the second level alien to the ravanger

the aliens wouldn't have any credits since what would a alien do with money u can't really see them at a bar drinking beer. hosts are the aliens resource

have the preatorains as sub queens and can be "upgraded" to become queens as this would allow you to have more than one preatorains.

well the sythnics would be able to become combat units since it makes sense as they are effective against the aliens as they can't become hosts harder to spot and can surive their bodys getting ripped to shreds. and in some comics they were used as combat units

#22 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

OK what I meant by alien based credits is what they get for killing enemys or plain and simply facehugging a host now the ravager and carrier are upgrades off the preatorian as is the queen the preatorian is the basal pure breed alien and yes I do agree having the queen upgrade on the actual preatorian unit with a limit of one they upgrades are not going to be free for obvous reasons for the aliens as that would be unbalanced so they need a "credit" based system of thier own so a typical example of how they get some of thier "credits" is say we have a warrior and a conscrpit is standing near by the warrior mashes up the conscript (kills him messily lol) the aliens would get say 200 "credits" or "points" for use in research and upgrades (now this will not be like like money this is a points based system if you get my drift) so the more the aliens kill and implant hosts the better off they are coz they will have more units and of course more points to expend on research and upgrades I hope I've kinda explained what I mean by "credits" I wasn't putting across the idea that they have money or anything similar its more of a points based system and Oh my these are some long posts :P

#23 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

yeah a point system would be more correct say a alien would get 200 points for killing a marine 400 for knocking him out and dragging him to the hive etc it would be like the sytem for the predator which is about honour and collecting skulls

#24 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:30 PM

that is EXACTLY what im on about so you think in a professional opinion a mod like this could work for zero hour or AaoW?

EDIT: as for the synthetics I got a little mixed up they are programmed not to harm humans so they generally don't carry weaponry but discovering the alien and predator threat they would have combat synthetics which would generally carry the larger weaponry in a squad ie smartguns sadars (rocket launchers) minguns and stuff like that

#25 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

wouldn't work on zero hour as the polycounts on the aliens would be huge it would have to be a high poly game such as act of war

ah so thats what the rocket launcher is called

#26 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

DAMN I was hoping this could be made for zero hour as its unlikely I would be able to get hold of AaoW but it may infact be possible to do on zero hour as there is already a AVP stratagy based game out there its called AVP Extenction I have it but its only for the consoles which sucks the models are OK not great but not pathetic either so they don't take HUGE amounts of polys and it plays quite smooth anyway I should stop fantasising and getting my hopes up as it sounds like this aint possible at all...

EDIT: well while im still here I might as well ask again can someone out there replace the tiberium with supply depots (the money things in normal ZH) in the TFTW maps so people who can't handle the tiberium when it grows too much can have a lag free game?

#27 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:43 PM

well we are busy working on TFTW and modding act of war is a option in the future so u have plently of time to save up

#28 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

you have hit the nail right on the head there marcjs saving is aproblem as im already saving for another game which is taking me long enough as it is then you have to play monthly which will drain what little money I get so saving is a no go for me once I've managed to get the other game im saving for

EDIT you guys making TFTW seem adept at spitting out high quality mods in a short amount of time and besides when you look at infantry in generals they arnt that details and with the occasional comprimise here and there im sure you could make it work but with TFTW and all this is only an idea so untill TFTW is up to the standard you like I shouldnt even be posting these ideas :)

#29 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:37 AM

best to post them less u forget :P

#30 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:05 AM

well I think this disscussion has gone off topic anyway so unless there is anything else ie info how somet could be done or if somebody is gonna tell me they are gonna make some no tiberium maps for TFTW then I think everything has been said

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users