Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Download And Install Renalert Renegade Alert Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bringonts3 

• Kane's Loyal Subject
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Renegade Alert, a total conversion from Renegade to RedAlert 1 is celebrating their .993 release.The main site is http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~renalert/, and is hosted by www.gamespy.com. The current version of the mod is .993. To install this mod, you can do one of two things. Download the version .991, patch it to .9915, patch it to .992, patch it to .9925, and then patch it to .993, or download the full installer. By downloading the full installer you don't have to download any previous versions of the mod whatsoever. This means that you only have 1 download if you can get past the fact that it is fairly large.

.991 Mirrors

Renstation.net
CNC-Source
PlanetCNC
CnCWorld
CNCNZ
Egmods.com

.9915 Patch Mirrors

Planet CNC
RenStation.Net
CNCNZ

.992 Patch Mirrors

Renstation
FilePlanet
CNCNZ
CnC Source
CnC World
Egmods.com

.9925 Patch Mirrors

b00bstories
CNCNZ
Egmods.com
CnCWorld

.993 Patch Mirrors
FileFront
Jason Knight's Server by the way, thanks Jason!
Flosoft
CnC-Source

.993 Full Installer
FileFrontCnc-Central.de
2nd-Wave.net
Flosoft
CnC-Source

Some people think that Renegade is either boring, or just plain old. However, any ill feelings one might have toward Renegade will be completely erased once you download this mod. OK, let's try to be objective!!! OK I downloaded the mod and since I have a cable modem, I went for the full installer, just so I wouldn't have to keep the old patches on my harddrive. After you install it, you just click the shortcut (pretty self explanatory) and it launches. One great pro about this game is that you can have it installed and still play regular Renegade. Once the game launches, you'll probably get this nostalgic feeling of the old days of Red Alert 1. This is first shown in the GUI (2d graphics; I.e. start menu). It is really just a revamped version of Red Alert 1's start screen, minus the fact that you can't hold ctrl+shift buttons and right click on the top right speaker, granting you access to the ant missions. After you get in the multiplayer lobby, you'll notice that RenAlert has it's own game listings. You won't have to worry about seeing Renegade servers and such, which is really nice. Once you start join a game, it's pretty self explanatory from there. There are a few things that I'd would like to point out. There are new building, infantry, vehicle, and weapon models as well as a whole mess of new maps. The new version plays much better than the last, seeing as it doesn't have some of the imbalances that plagued the latter days of .9925. Also for those of you who haven't played
previous versions of RenAlert...

Personally, I have this mod installed, and it is very good. When the next patch comes out, it will include Naval combat! The mod is in expansion format, so there is no 0 bug and it has it's own launch program, so you can play regular Renegade if you want, or the mod, through 2 different shortcuts! The current version .9925 has several updates and tweaks of everything. Everything from new building models with multi-leveled floors to the deadly A-Bomb. Also, with the new scripts released, new features have been made possible. One major feature effecting gameplay is the ability to buy ore trucks and harvest yourself. This gives you the possibilty to have more cash, which gives you much more options. Several new levels have made it into the new version including one of the most popular levels in the mod's history, Keep of the Grass. With all the new maps, you won't get tired of playing this mod anytime soon.
As I mentioned in that review, this newer version has Naval Warfare. At the time, there is only 1 naval map, but it's great. You get nearly every boat from RedAlert/Aftermath except the deadly Allied Cruiser.

One thing that sets this version from the last is the new sounds. All of the weapons have the same sounds as they did in RA1 and there are also infantry sounds that play when you buy a soldier.This version has several new maps and is really a huge upgrade from the previous version. Pretty much all the models look great, as well as some new sounds. The gameplay is just fantastic, since this version upgrades and adds new vehicles as well as just addressing more balance issues. The only cons that I found is that if you didn't like the Original Red Alert 1, you probably won't like this mod, since it's a total conversion. Another con is that it's size is nearly 350mb. There are also a few bugs that have slipped their way into the version, but none of them are major enough to destory gameplay. That and most veteran players normally don't abuse bugs.However, this is a beta version of the mod, and they are going to release a follow up within the coming weeks (and/or months) that will fix a lot of the problems. The unit balances are great and with the new versions of the mod being released, they really just keep bringing you into the RA 1 universe.

The mod has a much better look and feel than Renegade and it really promotes teamwork a whole lot more. With that said, I'd give this version (.993) a 10 out of 10 as far as an upgrade from .9925. If by some stroke of fate that this version was the last version that was made, I'd give the mod an 8 out of 10.

#2 User is offline   bringonts3 

• Kane's Loyal Subject

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

Moved.

#3 User is offline   bringonts3 

• Kane's Loyal Subject

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:22 PM

Note: New links for the .993 Patch and .993 Full Installer files, so if you were experiencing any problems with the old downloads you can't rest easy.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users