CnC Source Forums: CnC3 Tib seed power - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CnC3 Tib seed power need some help with a custom power, doesnt work Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   spy46 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

so im working on a mod for CnC3, this one is supposed to be a fun game but still with in reason to some point.

one of the things that i want to do is give NOD a 2nd tib seed power, this one would create BLUE tiberium :D

now im not wanting to replace the old one, i want NOD to have both powers, the green one has a bigger area that creates tiberium, the new one will be smaller, so about the size of the old green one (default)

problem is, it doesnt show up, i dont get the icon in the powers bar or any thing like that, i dont have any errors related to it when i compile the mod so im at a loss for whats going on.

could any one help me, not asking for any one to do it for me, but if some one could tell me what i need to do and where to put it, i can then look at what i did do and see if im missing any thing.

i will give credit to who ever helps me.

#2 User is offline   spy46 

• Civilian

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

is there any reason that i cant have 2 tib seed powers?

#3 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

No there shouldn't be. I know you've been trying for quite a while to do this but duplicating all the relevant code and renaming it where appropriate is all that should be needed.

I haven't worked with that power though so I don't know which code segments you need, but just searching for them should work. (You should be using an enhanced text editor like Programmer's Notepad or Notepad++ that has the ability to search within files.)

#4 User is offline   spy46 

• Civilian

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

yes i have been working on this one for a long time, ive copied the codes from the logic command, command sets, spell book, player powers, power buttons and a few other ones including the liquid tib building, there aren even any problmes with it in the compile.

based on every thing that i have seen, it should be working, but its not and i just dont get it.

im using notepad ++ to edit the xml files

#5 User is offline   spy46 

• Civilian

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

wow its been what? 2? 3 days? and only 20 views?

ouch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users