• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberian Evolution & Mutation Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Wingdingo 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

Was the Floater really created by CABAL (like he claims) or was it natural Tiberium evolution? Cause I'd hate to see the next step in the Floater's evolution. *Shudders at the thought* Wouldn't it be crazy if some of the Tiberium life evolved to a point of near Scrin-ness?

#22 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Interesting, I didn't recall that he said Floaters were experiments of his. Just watched fsnodm02, "A small GDI outpost is right for the introduction of my new experiments in evolution."

It could be either A) CABAL indeed created the Floater, or B) he was just experimenting on them when he made that ^ statement.

#23 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

I already said the next evolution of the Floater is the Urchin a spiky ball that flys around useing charged ions in the lower atmosphere from Ion Storm activity.

Its weapon is also a light spark of lightning using these charged ions to fly and fire as a weapon.

If one gets caught in an Ion Storm it becomes supercharged and its lightning weapon becomes alot more devastating.

Whether the floater is a result of Cabals enhancements or Not it will evolve naturally through Tiberium lifeforms. Lets just say Cabal sped up Tiberiums evolution to get the Floater earlier on and yes he may have helped the evolution cycle along to this point but its become a natural phenomin among Tiberium life now after its introduction.

#24 User is offline   Lone Wolf 

• Minigunner

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

I got an idea,

lets say a 1-10 or 1-20 chance when a visroid destroys a vehicle it consumes the vehicle like say it kills a tick tank, it would move onto and absorb the tank and become one with it having some of the tick tanks fuctions including shooting. The only units it wouldn't be able to absorb are Disrupters because of the sonic waves and stealth tanks because of the stealth technology.

#25 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

I dont know about that but some sort of unit that can infest a unit sorta like the Zerg, changes what the unit is slightly and takes control of it by infesting it with Tiberian materials of sorts.

Another unit idea I had possibly which I am unsure of, is a kind of Face-Hugger sorta like in Aliens except a more podlike look that jumps onto a soldiers head and then Takes Control of his Mind, while under the influence of the creature it is under Tiberium's control.

#26 User is offline   Lone Wolf 

• Minigunner

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

yeah kinda like the zerg

the creature jumping onto soldiers heads sounds like a headcrap from half life lol

#27 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

Yeah not sure about that idea thou, but theres plenty of Potential for new lifeforms as we'll keep adding onto it with new patchs.

Any new ideas for Tiberium Lifeforms? Im curious what you guys thoughts are on Tiberium Life

#28 User is offline   baddy 

• Technician

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

what about something to spawn different creatures

#29 User is offline   zdflamer 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

i think a nice idea would be certain parts of the terrain on some maps could break through if you move heavy units over it, this would fall through to a veinhole monster which would consume the units.

#30 User is offline   Ickus 

• Civilian

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

Well Hello, I came across this forum and well joined, I always liked the thought of new lifeforms, it has captured my mind since I played TS.

Anyways off the top of my head...imagined most designs would be something prehistoric looking, siginal the dawn of a new age. life reinventing itself...

maybe visceriods had some life cycle that as they either by time/kills grow into other lifeforms like floaters.., or more advanced types of visceriods.

I also pictured some of the giant ants or dinos that survived..I know its ''non-canon'' but hey any thing possible, Kane owning JP ranch? ;P

I've included some ideas, I myself when ahead with them. heres my rendering of some mutant ants I modeled out, no textures yet.., plus an old concept of a mutated dino I had in mind for a small .SHP project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

other possible units.

Some sort of Graboid/Tremor/Sandworm creature.... subterranean unit that stalks underground and bursts through softer dirt dragging its prey underground.or uses its tentacles/hooks to tear it up.

and I do like the flood like concept, where it leeches itself into a tank and transmogrifies into it.

and terrain, where pits of swampy bogs, or forms of that mossy stuff that suck into units like ''quicksand'' and carnivorous plants. Those Flora in FS the green palm trees, reminds me of Sun Dew plant..while it would maybe stick to the sides of tanks or units slowing them down but..it can trap infantry and slowly smother their victim and slowly digest him...and restoring vital nutrients into the ground and continuing the tiberian ecosystem. :D

This post has been edited by Ickus: 01 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users