CnC Source Forums: I can't wait, when this mod will be released? - CnC Source Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't wait, when this mod will be released? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TiberFCSL 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

That's what I feel. I think this mod is going to be awesome, can't wait to play it. With the unique TS dark world and the smart AI of C&C3 I think this mod will be really cool.

But when? Is this mod dead? That always happens with the really good mods, they never get finished or released :(
If you don't know if a mod is going to be finished, why do modders show renders/screenshots/websites/blogs? That just keep the people interested but then dissapointed.

This post has been edited by TiberFCSL: 07 February 2008 - 08:48 AM

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

It's gonna be a while. :S

#3 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Keep the faith, this mod is still very alive

My new rig is almost fully opertional and you'll be seeing updates shortly
Kanes Wrath will spell an interesting time for TSR :)

#4 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:27 AM

View PostAssassin, on Mar 10 2008, 01:29 AM, said:

Keep the faith, this mod is still very alive

Glad to hear that :)

My new rig is almost fully opertional and you'll be seeing updates shortly

That's even better! What are the specs? :O

Kanes Wrath will spell an interesting time for TSR :)

So we'll need KW to be able to play TSR? Are there any new features in it that are needed or helpful for you to finish TSR?
Just asking because I'm not too sure if or when to get KW. After rushing through the GDI and Nod campaign, I almost completely stopped playing TW, except for working on a small rebalancing mod (which is unreleased and probably won't be finished anyway).
But oh well, if TSR needs KW, I'll get it no matter what...

#5 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

What are the specs? Im so glad you asked :)

Cooling Method: Water (Liquid Cooling using a non-conductive coolant for peace of mind*) also my first water build comp
CPU: Quadcore 2.4ghz Q6600 (on water can overclock this as high as 3.8Ghz at still rather low temps)
Mainboard: Asus P5E
Video Card: Geforce 8800GTS 512mb *G92* which has more power then the GTX for less price but has less memory making the GTX better for shaders at higher resolutions thats bout it *as this is watercooled it will be overclocked*
Memory: 8GB of DDR2 - for 3d rendering and so vista has nuff ram to do whatever the hell it does with RAM
OS: Vista 64bit (i know its vista but with this much ram and processing power it makes little difference and 64bit is alot more widely supported now so i made the move)
4 X 500GB Hard Drives which I will be running in RAID for higher HD performance getting a proper RAID controller for this as onboard mainboard ones suck.
Case: Stacker 832
Extras: Green UV reactive Coolant, UV LEDS, Red LEDs, pimping out the case to be a Liquid Tiberium Cooled Nod Computer :) will be spraying case with some dark red areas constrasting with its black and put some Nod Decals on it in Red. Has some fans for case airflow thats it, rest is all watercooled, also put fans over the RAM so i can overclock the RAM.
Monitor: 24inch Samsung 245T Wide - has HDMI support and a 97% color gamut the COLOR is amazing! its so bright and vivid, desktop, movies, games all look incredible and resolution of 1920X1200 is awesome :). Screen can also be rotated 90 degrees.
Speakers: Z5500 Logitech THX Speakers - awesome surround sound will be getting a Xi Fi Extreme Card most likely to drive it to bring the audio quality to crystal clear.

Its currently operational on air I got the last of the watercooling parts i needed recently so I will be taking it apart to install this and then its complete, I built it on air first to test the parts make sure i had no DOA's. What inspried watercooling was my old comp dieing off due to overheating issues so I went over board this time :D its also going to be very quiet awesome stuff. An expensive rig but worth every penny I love it, I figured id go all out as im very serious about game development and 3d rendering so it was time I got a damn nice rig for that very purpose.

I'll post pics up when its fully finished being built.

With this rig it certainly increases the speed and quality I can produce work for TSR for, its alot more then what i need which is perfect the speed is already amazing on air i cant wait to see it on water overclocked. This means higher quality renders, nice HIGH Res screenshots :) and I'm sure theres many benefits yet to come.

And dont worry I'll be testing this on lesser machines as I develop the modification to ensure I aint developing for high end users only as I do want quite low end machines to be able to play still quite easily just like C&C3 supports rather low end machines.

#6 User is offline   TiberFCSL 

• Minigunner

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

View PostTiberFCSL, on Feb 8 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

That's what I feel. I think this mod is going to be awesome, can't wait to play it. With the unique TS dark world and the smart AI of C&C3 I think this mod will be really cool.

But when? Is this mod dead? That always happens with the really good mods, they never get finished or released :(
If you don't know if a mod is going to be finished, why do modders show renders/screenshots/websites/blogs? That just keep the people interested but then dissapointed.

Is this mod dead? can we see some screenshots to prove it doesn't???????????

#7 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

It's not dead, just reeeeaaaallly slooowww.

#8 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

We're still alive
New shots will be coming soon, I want to be providing regular updates when the next batch of updates come so bare with us, ;)

#9 User is offline   darknesscyshadow 

• Civilian

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

I'm totally baring. I've been watching this mod for ages now.. I must admit I was temporarily disheartened when I saw that there had been no updates on rising.cnc-source since December.

I am relieved to see that things are still moving!

#10 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Amazingly this mod still has fans! =O

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic