• You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberian Evolution & Mutation Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

Hmm heres some food for thought...

The Tiberium Blossom Tree... what should it evolve too???

Oh and just a heads up, Green Tiberium (Riparius) when it grows to its largest size..... if these large green crytals exist on the battlefield for a long long time and are not harvested or destroyed... They will gather energy... and to the point where they will become volitile and explode! sending shards far away and these shards grow Blue Tiberium (vinifera).

And the formation of the Big Blue Crystal (Cruentus) is when the largest blue crystals exist for a long long time... and they eventually will explode and form a Big Blue Crystal far away.

As i wondered how Blue Tiberium was formed... and I feel this is a nice way of incorporating it... this also means if theres no blue tiberium on the map.... if the battle wages on long enough there might very well be some blue tiberium eventually.

#12 User is offline   Wingdingo 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:31 AM

That sounds pretty seet Assassin, I wish I was this creative when it came to modding. I wonder if I could mod Zero Hour if I invested time into learning how to code it.

Wouldn't the Tiberium Blossom Tree kinda turn into a large green crystal or something? Maybe in an attempt to defend its Tiberium field, the little glowy things on the ends of the "branches" can turn into tiberium shards and fired at intruders. I dunno, just tossing things out there.

#13 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

View PostWingdingo, on Apr 5 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

Wouldn't the Tiberium Blossom Tree kinda turn into a large green crystal or something? Maybe in an attempt to defend its Tiberium field, the little glowy things on the ends of the "branches" can turn into tiberium shards and fired at intruders. I dunno, just tossing things out there.

I think you're thinking of those simple unnamed flora that would dot the landscape in Firestorm, not the Blossom Trees.

#14 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

@Assassin
I had a similar idea myself:
When a patch of tiberium exists for a certain while, the different tiberium crystals will grow into eachother and will eventually form a huge tiberium crystal (too big to be harvested), which eventually explodes. For Green tiberium crystals this could only happen when it's fired upon and blue tiberium could explode by itself.

I posted an idea of mine in this thread a while ago, but apparently it disappeared...
...So here it is again:
When a civilian, infantry or animal gets too close to a plant that spawns blossom (and thus breaths/gets covered by it), it will turn into a mutant (they they'd still be turned into a baby visceroid by tiberium itself). This way you could also get allied mutants.
After a human or animal is mutated by the blossom, they could mutate even further after a while. So a mutated dog would turn into a tiberian fiend after a while and a you could make up something new for different animals and for humans.
We know that Umagon changed into something "not human" after a while, so now you could make up what exactly it was and speed up the progress in TSR.

Assassin said:

The Tiberium Blossom Tree... what should it evolve too???

Here's an idea:
Tiberium absorbs minerals from the soil and those minerals will eventually deplete. Nothing will happen then yet, but once all tiberium crystals are harvested, the blossom tree dies and a crater appears on the location of the blossom tree. Then the roots of the tiberium (which are no longer attached to tiberium) will come to the surface and try to gather minerals from above the soil instead of from below it (because there aren't any minerals left below the soil). A veinhole monster was born.

I don't know whether you already had plans for how veinhole monsters could appear, but this appears to be how a veinhole monster works to me: it gathers minerals from above the soil instead of from below it, so it's likely for it to be some kind of forced mutation.

#15 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

Well all those Firestorm mutated tree's which were just scenary are very much active...

Well their first evolution is merely a mutated plant eg scenary like in Firestorm... but they become deadly in their own unique ways over time. Thus creating a wide variety of Tiberium plantlife that has a wide variety of paths.

#16 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

How about letting those firestorm mutated trees spawn blossom, from which that tiberium sludge thing grows. The blossom from these trees could mutate humans and animals just like I suggested the blossom from the blossom tree could and over time, the tiberium sludge could also evolve into a more harmful kind which mutates humans and animals just like the blossom.

Or a different idea... Just like the sludge covers the ground, it could cover other things... Though I doubt this'd be possible with the sage engine, maybe the sludge could slow everything that passes over it down and (when it's at its last evolution stage) when anything stands still on it, it would cover that as well (humans, animals, vehicles and maybe even buildings if it'd expand enough).

#17 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:36 AM

I had ideas as well for how Algae, Tiberium Moss and Sludge is grown....

Algae will be in as a growing thing... to impead Amphibous units.... as for Moss and Sludge if a good use for them cant be thought up other then scenary then they wont grow as we dont wanna slow down the game too much.

But then again.... if Tiberium has its own units that eat the stuff and Tiberium itself it keeps it under control from growing everywhere which is bad for game speed...

#18 User is offline   baddy 

• Technician

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

"flying viceroid" leaving the namegiving to someone else
looks like a piece of "viceroid colored" paper flying/floating thru the air, looking for something to "embrace" like a piece of wrapping paper, floats away from the now destroyed vehicle.
it could simply evolve by getting bigger and gaining the ability to attack bigger vehicles and structures
or "attach" itself to a vehicle gaining control of said vehicle

I also suggested a mutated giant squid, which in turn spawned a suggestion of a seabased veinhole monster

#19 User is offline   Wingdingo 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

I was wondering, to be an easy Tiberium Lifeform evolution, perhaps the Tiberium-somehow-evolves into some humanoid form, or perhaps a mutant manages to survive the worst Tiberium has to offer and the "shiner" crystals form a sort of protective armor and the mutant can either flin tiberium shards or spew tiberium gas or something. Just shoving out my random thoughts.

#20 User is offline   Krit 

• Elegant Staff Member
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

View PostWingdingo, on Apr 11 2007, 11:27 AM, said:

...spew tiberium gas or something...

Reminds me of that mummy from Metal Slug 2

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic