• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kanes Wrath? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Minotaton 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:30 AM

Will the upgrades be across the board (C&C3 style) or unit specific (Generals style), personally i preferred it generals style?

#12 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

It would start off Generals style very specific and grow more faction-wide as tech level incresaes towards C&C3 style

With each tech level you reach some abilities/units unlock on certain tech trees at certani levels but majority you choose from a list at each tech level but you can only choose ONE per level... how many levels is being decided atm I'm thinking 7 with a choose of 4 upgradse per level for each of the Three Tech Tree.s. As there is no Generals experiance system in C&C3 instead of experiance to advance a tech level you must WAIT a specific amount of time... the idea is you are researching new technology's during this wait period... the higher tech tree you reach the longer the researching gap is.. All of this will be controller via each factions Tech Center.. which actually makes the damn thing more useful and worth defending heavily too.

So not only does chooseing a tech tree change things for ur faction, at every level of technology you have a choice to change it a number of ways starting off small and working their way to be big changes.

This will give Commanders massive customisabiltiy upon their factions and ease of use..

#13 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

The most recent research timer gets reset if the Tech Center is destroyed! =o

#14 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Well not only is it reset but it also obviously stops researching completly until the Tech Center is replaced..

#15 User is offline   Golan 

• funky spacebeat opposition
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

I might have missed something, but is this a technical discussion currently (TPAM and TPATPAM)?

#16 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Not at all

Talking about the Tech tree system and tech level up system we will be using in Tiberian Sun Rising, as in ala your Technology on your faction via your Tech Center, giving all Commanders a very high customisability on their faction without using subfactions *so tehre is always just GDI and Nod* but there are many different technology paths you can take your faction in or specalise in making it a true surprise what your enemy is going to do and it will certainly pay to do scouting/intelligence missions to gather some intel on what there doing.

Or hell players can just focus on their base level technology instead and conjuring up an army there but a player with a higher tech level army should be considerably more poweful but not unbeatable but the further ahead they are the larger the advantage. Which as mentioned destroying your enemies tech center will set them back considerably as well if they are ahead destroy this until you catch up i guess.

Capturing your enemies tech center... now that opens up interesting possibilities which we'll need to carefully consider how this affects things and whether you get any bonus's for capturing one. Personnally Id like to throw in some hybrid technology units like Red Alert 2 *Chrono Yuri etc* cept I suppose the higher the tech level of the tech center you capture the more powerful/dangerous the hybrid units are. But this also depends whether it suits Tiberian Suns gameplay to do so... this will go thru discussion/consideration.

#17 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

View PostAssassin, on Apr 1 2008, 07:15 AM, said:

Talking about the Tech tree system and tech level up system we will be using in Tiberian Sun Rising, as in ala your Technology on your faction via your Tech Center, giving all Commanders a very high customisability on their faction without using subfactions *so tehre is always just GDI and Nod* but there are many different technology paths you can take your faction in or specalise in making it a true surprise what your enemy is going to do and it will certainly pay to do scouting/intelligence missions to gather some intel on what there doing.

I've always like the idea of this. Whenever I'm playing a subfaction of whatever side, I feel like I'm losing out on some of the stuff the main faction has, although I only really use one or two of the side-specific units/abilites of my subfaction. This should considerably reduce that issue (at least for me), because I can freely distribute my research according to my own priorities.

By the way, I got my copy of Kane's Wrath yesterday. I only played two quick skirmish matches yesterday evening, but to be honest, I'm wasn't too thrilled about it. But, oh well, I guess that's finally a reason to start modding again (even if it's only for my own personal enjoyment) and it's a pretty sure thing I'll play through the campaign.

Anyway: What were the main reasons for going for a KW release of TSR? The only thing I could come up with right now is the fact you can now actually transport more than one squad without problems, but is there more?

#18 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

several new logic thats helpful, Mechapede be useful coding for a number of things too and theres more

well we gotta wait for the KW SDK, until then this will continue as a TW mod and i just hope the KW SDK is compatible somewhat when it does come.. i dont wanna have to recode everyting for it but if we must we must i guess..

#19 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

View PostAssassin, on Apr 2 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

several new logic thats helpful, Mechapede be useful coding for a number of things too and theres more

True. The idea itself is great and can probably easily be used for other kinds of unit upgrades/customizations.

well we gotta wait for the KW SDK, until then this will continue as a TW mod and i just hope the KW SDK is compatible somewhat when it does come.. i dont wanna have to recode everyting for it but if we must we must i guess..

You're right... I actually didn't really think of this. Hopefully you won't have to re-code everything. But looking at the amount of changes compared to TW, it can't bee too different - at least that's what I hope.

Anyway - keep up the good work. Looking at the number of responses and activity around here, it's pretty much clear that there's still a good fanbase waiting patiently for TSR. (Not counting in any amount of lurkers, of course.)

#20 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

the redesign with the team is going really well too

Lots of ideas flying around, some a little crazy others just really cool and so forth. Already improved the current game design muchly over the design we had for the ZH version. So I am pleased.

We'll be back in full update/development mode soon this redesign/reorganisation phase is quite important main reason for it is to ensure things go very much on track and always new updates for you guys I dont wanna have another dieing off area at all from this next dev cycle onwards.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users