• You cannot reply to this topic

Which C&C3 Features do you want in TSR Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Well C&C3 introduced alot of new gameplay elements

As the fans of Tiberian Sun and Command & Conquer 3 I'm opening up a little debate on what features you want from C&C3 that you think would greatly enhance Tiberian Sun's gameplay and be a good addition to Tiberian Sun Rising.

We have our own ideas, but I'm curious what you guys have to say on this topic. After all we are making this mod for you the fans! :)

#2 User is offline   baddy 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:05 AM

destructable bridges

didn't really play cnc 3 to much the levels vere "claustrophobic"

#3 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:06 AM

Well, like I said before the ability to produce from multiple factories at the same time has really proven to turn the game into a spam fest, so please get rid of that feature...

I obviously would like to keep the CY building style, but you should get rid of those mini MCVs (that's what re-deployable MCVs are for).

I think it would be nice to have the reinforcement thingy, only as 2 different versions. One version would be reinforcements delivered by Dropship (like a group of Titans) and the other version would be reinforcements delivered by ORCA Transport (which would obviously only consist out of infantry). The ORCA Transport should be able to deliver better infantry than the Drop Pods (which only delivers basic infantry; Light Infantry & Disc Throwers, like in TS). You could of course just make the ORCA Transport buildable instead...

GDI's Ion Cannon really shouldn't be as powerful as C&C3's version (even though that doesn't matter if you don't make players unable to produce from multiple factories at the same time, since it would be a spam fest anyway...); the Ion Cannon should rather be a tactical weapon like it is in TS.

The Carryall doesn't belong on the Nod side like in C&C3, so in order to compensate for that you could make the Nod MCV faster than GDI's.

In C&C3 Nod defensive structures exist out of 3 turrets which are connected to a node... It might be nice to keep it like that for the laser turrets and aside from that it would also be nice if they'd sink in the ground just like they do in the TS FMVs.

Please do get rid of the squads (mainly because of how they work together with transport units).

I don't think keeping the obility for aircraft (mainly the ORCA & Apache) to do dogfights doesn't need to be mentioned...

Maybe could Nod should get an advanced version of the Chinook from Tiberian Dawn which would obviously be slower than the Orca Transport/Carryall, but can carry either 1 vehicle or 5 infantry (possibly it could also bring reinforcements). Since Nod already has an Apache, a Chinook certainly wouldn't be out of place IMO.

In C&C3 mechs (also base defences, but that's a smaller issue) constantly move almost like they're living animals. It looks rather unrealistic and cheesy in my opinion, so I think it'd be nice if they'd remain still unless ordered to move like they should. The same really applies to turrets, since the turret doesn't need to move in order to scan for enemy units, but like I said before, that's a smaller issue.

I just got this crazy idea for a (very slow) flying Nod obelisk which works similar to the Scrin mothership (only with a much smaller impact radius), but it's up to you how serious you take that idea :P
Possibly it uses Scrin technology (think of the Scrinship you find in TS... It was also built by Nod).

#4 User is offline   R(ed)II 

• Biological hazard

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

Dogfights, smogfights. It's just Firehawks with infinite ammo. Bash-boom and "dude where's mah planes! I think the Scrin have a nice method for air to air, or maybe Starcraft style "hover wars".

I don't mind squads, but squads suck in damage efficiency versus units lost.

I think the UI needs to be cleaned up with less "general powers" blocking out the left side of the screen! Seriously, a tiny ion cannon box will do! The game has a 1024*768 minimal res for a reason!

#5 User is offline   kurorahk 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

The Husks i think should go exept for the MK2 inless the death will be a big boom, but the squads i like, but i think they should either stay or go as a whole instead of having a mob unit and all the rest being single units. Make the Harpy work like the Venom, and the banshee should have some AA abilities like in the FMV's show where they attack The Kodiak. Change the Ion Cannon to a smaller shot or make it into being muti shot of the Ion Cannon in a general area that hits random areas with in the selected area so it is not one big blast but still does a lot of damage, and if this is possible to make the Ion Cannon more tatical make it so that you can at the Ion Cannon Control center change modes from one big burst like it is now in CNC3 to multipul targeted small shots with quick reload time, to the random style that i purposed earlier. Keep the stealth tank as is form CNC3 best incarnnation of it yet.

-Kurorahk-

#6 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

Just throwing one or two things in that popped into my mind right now:
Do you think it's possible (and reasonable) to equip the Nod Cyborg Commando with a jump jet-like feature? Maybe not as far the Zone Trooper's or GDI Commando's, but more along the lines of a 'power jump'. The Ghoststalker could use some kind of upgrade, as well.

As for the Ion Cannon, as far as I know it was supposed to have two different attack modes in TS:R. While being your standard tactical strike weapon for attacks with surgical precision (as seen in TS) in primary mode, the secondary mode is much more similar to the WMD seen in CNC3. This was offset by extra cost and a longer reload time, though.
Will you keep that concept for CNC3?

Yet another suggestion: Keep the new Obelisk's secondary sweep-fire mode. TS Obelisks had much greater energy consumption anyway, so I don't think it's too overpowered.

#7 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

View PostXTRMNTR2K, on Aug 28 2007, 02:57 AM, said:

The Ghoststalker could use some kind of upgrade, as well.

SuperMutant running speed!! =O

#8 User is offline   CuppaLastHumanSoldier 

• Civilian
  • Group: Registered

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

I want old Westwood C&C Tiberium on Maps(ie Tiberium can grow anywhere)

#9 User is offline   skulking_ferrit 

• Mod leader

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

If it can be implamented without have a massive overhead requirement we will have Tiberium growing everywhere and mutating things all over the place. In the ZH version we had it growing everywhere but it required a supercomputer to allow you to play a game larger than a quick 1v1(where growth is irrelivant anyway).

#10 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

Another idea: Reasonable use of directional armor. If I'm not mistaken, ZH didn't support directional armor. C&C3 does, however.
While editing a few values here and there (for a small rebalancing mod), I noticed almost every vehicle had the same values. The front armor offers full protection, while hits to the side and rear do 110 / 150 percent of the weapon damage respectively. You could use this feature to give some battles a bit more of tactical depths, since not all vehicles should be constructed in such a way. Just giving an example:

Mechs would have almost equally strong armor at all sides, while tanks are conventionally designed with full front protection and much less side and rear armor. Nod's tick tank looks a lot like a tank hunter, in my opinion. I suppose since it can also dig in it would have almost equally strong front and side armor, while next to none in the rear.

This could make for some interesting tactics, for example, if you see a Mammoth Mk. II coming your way, you could try and send a few stealth tanks around his flanks to his (supposedly) weaker back side.

"Mighty BOB!" said:

SuperMutant running speed!! =O

Well, the Ghoststalker was indeed not really one of the fastest runners, if I remember correctly. Why not? :)

"skulking_ferrit" said:

If it can be implamented without have a massive overhead requirement we will have Tiberium growing everywhere and mutating things all over the place.

That's great to hear. Due to Tiberium being supported by the game itself, I suppose it would at least use less resources than self-coded Tiberum for ZH.

By the way, what about Nod's defenses? Nod's laser turrets couldn't be build into walls like GDI defenses in TS and they also lacked a bit of power IMO. Complete arrays of 3 turrets and a control/repair unit as seen in TW don't seem too bad. Same goes especially for SAM sites. In reality, sam launchers used to be placed in triangle formations of 3, supposedly to increase hit chances or something.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users