CnC Source Forums: Motherload of C&C3/Tiberium stuff - CnC Source Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Motherload of C&C3/Tiberium stuff Motherload? More like three motherloads! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Golan 

• funky spacebeat opposition
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'd say that UE3 would be the obvious choice but so far I don't really have any experience with it. Or a concept that would be worth of what we've seen so far. Doesn't seem sensible to just cram it all into a run-of-the-mill shooter and let's be serious, the Renegade approach wouldn't fit well either.

So much to do - so little time...

#12 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Aye I know how you feel with too little time to do everything you want.

#13 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery
  • Group: Network Staff

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

If someone found a way to implement vehicles, Fallout 3 would be pretty much a perfect engine choice. Especially since there's a lot of stuff already in there that could be used, bot art-wise and game/engine-feature-wise. People are also already doing small C&C-themed plugins for it, I've seen two versions of an Ion Cannon beacon :D. Tactical stuff is also possible, (see the Enclave Commander mod, or Bethesda's own Anchorage DLC), etc., etc.

This post has been edited by Kodaemon: 23 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

#14 User is offline   Alex05 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

You can see some never-before seen Tiberium stuff over here, including renders, in-game cutscenes, design documents, the profile of a unit that never made it into the game, and so on:
http://www.cnc-addic...pic.php?id=5074

Scroll down to my post (Alex06) for even more stuff than what the original poster had posted there.

Yes, MightyBOB, I'm posting this again because you didn't bother to check what was in there. I have yet to see anyone post the Alien Angel and the cutscenes here. You should've checked thoroughly before closing the other topic.

This post has been edited by Alex05: 23 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

#15 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostAlex05, on Feb 24 2009, 04:11 AM, said:

You can see some never-before seen Tiberium stuff over here, including renders, in-game cutscenes, design documents, the profile of a unit that never made it into the game, and so on:
http://www.cnc-addic...pic.php?id=5074

Scroll down to my post (Alex06) for even more stuff than what the original poster had posted there.

Yes, MightyBOB, I'm posting this again because you didn't bother to check what was in there. I have yet to see anyone post the Alien Angel and the cutscenes here. You should've checked thoroughly before closing the other topic.

Uhh, see my second post in this thread ;)

#16 User is offline   Alex05 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

View PostKodaemon, on Feb 23 2009, 10:35 PM, said:

Uhh, see my second post in this thread ;)

Oh...Snap.
You never saw this, I was never here. :ninja:

#17 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

View PostAlex05, on Feb 24 2009, 04:42 AM, said:

Oh...Snap.
You never saw this, I was never here. :ninja:

Still, nice to see the Jeff Hua pics sorted, I found them at the same time I found Ken Bishop's site, but I was a bit too lazy to go through them all at the time :P

#18 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

The only new thing is Jeff's blog and most of the stuff on there is rather speculative because he does not come out and say anything is for Tiberium, although several pieces do look similar.

#19 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Fallout3 ur joking its too unstable,

Unreal Tournament 3 is a good choice cause its what EA was using, I'm familier with the map editor UnrealED iv made maps with it its very easy to use and from some experimentation modding seems pretty simple for it too.

However, theres a crapload of assets to make, and alot of new features to add to the engine to get it to work as EA had intended. Seems like need a decently sized mod team and commitment to complete. Would take fair time to do.

Although if done just as a Multiplayer mod.. then its just mostly graphical assets and whatever logic we want for Multiplayer features. *eg baes building mabye.

#20 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

View PostAssassin, on Feb 24 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

Fallout3 ur joking its too unstable,

Unreal Tournament 3 is a good choice cause its what EA was using, I'm familier with the map editor UnrealED iv made maps with it its very easy to use and from some experimentation modding seems pretty simple for it too.

However, theres a crapload of assets to make, and alot of new features to add to the engine to get it to work as EA had intended. Seems like need a decently sized mod team and commitment to complete. Would take fair time to do.

Although if done just as a Multiplayer mod.. then its just mostly graphical assets and whatever logic we want for Multiplayer features. *eg baes building mabye.

Well, I've played Fallout 3 for over 140 hours by now o_O , and it crashed on me maybe 5 times. Then again, I cleaned and updated my system and patched the game before I started playing ;)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users