• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Status of the Mod as of April 2nd, 2006 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:33 AM

That's not true. The construction dozer just dratically changes the game play and rather changes strategies than adding new ones.
in my opinion the construction system was one reason why C&C had such great gameplay. Like mice said; a C&C isn't a C&C with the C&C construction system.
When you're playing a C&C with construction dozers it just doesn't feel like you're playing a C&C.

#22 Guest_Bittah Commander_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

Sorry, my internet connection isn't allowing me to edit my previous post.

Assassin, on Apr 9 2006, 09:49 AM, said:

We don't want to limit players in that respect gameplay wise. To end up, don't knock it till uv tried it. We haven't been afraid to take things in a new direction.

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it? I've played C&C Generals, haven't I?
You're not exactly taking things into a new direction, but just prettymuch sticking to the C&C Generals' construction system.
The Construction Yard construction system isn't limiting players at all; it's one of the most important factors which makes a C&C game feel like a C&C game in my opinion. Players also CAN build anywhere with it, they'll just have to build a MCV and move it wherever they wanna build it, what's so hard about that?
You've also just said it yourself; there where games with the construction unit build system even before AOE, so this was obviously possible at the time C&C was made, but not implimented on purpose.
Construction units and multiple factories also provoke rushes; this is one of the causes why pretymuch everyone is rushing when you play C&C Generals online.

#23 User is offline   Bladewing51 

• Rocket Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yeah you guys do have a point Bittah and JT, anyways I wonder what would happen if I tried to make a mod of generals with the origonal C&C conyard system instead of the dozers, has any other mod tried to make generals retro style????

Back to topic like I said before I think the mod is way too far ahead in development to see that sort of drastic change even though I'd still love to see it.

:thumb:

#24 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:21 AM

Yeah you guys do have a point Bittah and JT

I'm Bittah Commander :P My internet connection was acting up, so I couln't edit my previous post or post... So I tried posting via a proxy, which worked :)

#25 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:29 AM

o_O triple post.

#26 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, my internet connection again... Whoever removed the 2 extra posts, thank you.

#27 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

BOB! just thought of something. You say pretty much anything is possible with the SAGE engine if you can figure out how to do it. Can a superweapon have 2 weapons? I.E. Nod's Missile Silo has both the Cluster Missile & Chemical Missile from the same silo. And can you launch 3 missiles within a few seconds of each other from the same silo? (in TS if you filled up the Waste Facility it automatically made a Chemical Missile. If you waited until it was full again before launching the Chemical Missile it would fill up the next Chem Missile right away because it is full. So if your Cluster Missile was ready & your Chem Missile was ready & the Waste Facility was full, you could launch a Chemical Missile, then the Cluster Missile, then the Next Chemical Missile in less than 10 seconds.)

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

you could make the tiberian waste building be its own super weapon and fire its missle out the top of the building, or make an identical Missle silo but u can only build it after the waste facilty is build.

To be honest, having contruction dozers speeds up gameplay alot. Sometimes its tedious that you have to finish something in order to build the next thing. But thats just my personal oppinion.

Why don't you just use con yards as the main building than when you have a tech center + war factory + con yard= con drone. It's a good Idea but all I care about is this mod being done becouse from the pics it looks like a good mod. Also one more thing are you going to keep the Disrupters becouse there my favorite vehicle. One more thing it would be cool if you could build Orca Dropships, and Orca Transports becouse there cool too. For Nod to make it unfair you could put the Montak or what ever. GDI should have the Dropships and Transports becouse Nod gets all these missiles which is more power full than the Ion Cannon. I'm not sayhing I don't like the Ion Cannon cuz I do so keep it. This is my Idea. Keep up the work gukys. :)

Why don't you just use con yards as the main building than when you have a tech center + war factory + con yard= con drone. It's a good Idea but all I care about is this mod being done becouse from the pics it looks like a good mod. Also one more thing are you going to keep the Disrupters becouse there my favorite vehicle. One more thing it would be cool if you could build Orca Dropships, and Orca Transports becouse there cool too. For Nod to make it fair you could put the Montak or what ever. GDI should have the Dropships and Transports becouse Nod gets all these missiles which is more power full than the Ion Cannon. I'm not sayhing I don't like the Ion Cannon cuz I do so keep it. This is my Idea. Keep up the work gukys. :)

I made 2 becouse I messed up on the first one so don't read it

Guest, on May 4 2006, 05:44 PM, said:

Why don't you just use con yards as the main building than when you have a tech center + war factory + con yard= con drone. It's a good Idea but all I care about is this mod being done becouse from the pics it looks like a good mod. Also one more thing are you going to keep the Disrupters becouse there my favorite vehicle. One more thing it would be cool if you could build Orca Dropships, and Orca Transports becouse there cool too. For Nod to make it fair you could put the Montak or what ever. GDI should have the Dropships and Transports becouse Nod gets all these missiles which is more power full than the Ion Cannon. I'm not sayhing I don't like the Ion Cannon cuz I do so keep it. This is my Idea. Keep up the work guys. :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't read num 2 too lol

When is the mod expected to come out? I just can't wait. lol it's true.

I was wondering will GDI be able to build there old mammoths and Nod there old flame tanks? It would be really cool if GDI got there mammoths. I love mammoths lol

I was wondering is the building system like in ZH and Gernerals. Do you build the walls like in ZH and Gernerals. The wall building system is better the Tiberian Sun way and RA2.

EDIT IHM: Merged into one, I don't care if you aren't the same guest, you should sign up!

#29 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:41 PM

Why don't you stop spamming start putting things in ONE post... and register an account if your going to post this much. Please don't spam.

But glad to see your obviously excited about the mod ;) just try and make it all in the one post in future.

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

OK will do but I was wondering what new units you plan on and what ones are going to be taken out. Will GDI have Disrupters? I love those things. Can you build enginers to capture buildings? And can you answer all my orther questins. OK I will stop spamming as you see all my questins are in here and I don't know about the register thing. And I really want to know what the wall building system is like. Will there be any new super weapons. Can you give me a plan list about all the units and structure. I would be every glad if you could tell me. How much percent of the mod is done. Last of all plz plz plz don't give up this will be the best mod ever!!! :)

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users