• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlecast Primetime Episode 2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

The second episode of BattleCast Primetime is now up over at the C&CTV.com site. As with the previous show and the Aftermath you can either stream it or download it. (It is almost 40 minutes long.) The download is split into 4 .wmv files. It is also available to download as a .mov with a German audio track.

Remember Apoc's "special surprise" he mentioned? Well it turns out that they've organized an official website to archive almost every single FMV and cutscene from every Tiberian and Red Alert game up to Yuri's Revenge. No Generals or Zero Hour. Too soon after release I guess for Tiberium Wars cutscenes to be on there, although there is a section for Tiberium Wars and another for Kane's Wrath that contain trailers. http://www.ea.com/cncmovies/ is the URL to the archive.

Samuel Bass comes to the show for the Firing Squad segment to talk a bit about the story of Kane's Wrath but he doesn't really say much of anything new. He drops some important points the story should cover like CABAL, the Tacitus, the post-Firestorm environment, etc, but frustratingly he doesn't give away any nuggets about them. Not all is lost however, he confirms that Slavik will be seen "somehow."

Samuel said:

Well I can confirm that Anton Slavik, who's the former leader of the Black Hand, will be seen now again, and that the Black Hand themselves will be one of our subfactions.

He also says that the campaign won't be a campaign in the sense that we've had campaigns in the past in C&C games where they are mostly linear. Instead the campaign will be like the World Domination mode where you see global progression of the battle and you have certain objectives to accomplish at certain times but when and how you do it are up to you.

Once again I have grabbed some screen captures of the show and added them to the gallery here. A couple of examples are below:

Posted Image Posted Image

On the left we have a shot from Apoc's Community Corner with a funny shirt on the back wall. (I should also mention that our very own Tiberian Sun: Rising was featured in Apoc's corner news.) On the right Samuel Bass talks about the Kane's Wrath story a little.

There is a behind-the-scenes demo video of Kane's Wrath GDI and Nod units from the Leipzig convention up on the Battlecast site in this section. You can also watch the entire 21 minute Dackel vs SkyR.Artik video here with commentary. And there is also 5 minutes of EA video footage from the Leipzig convention including interview clips.
Hopefully the new episode of Aftermath will be up soon as well.

Oh and one more thing, there's a really cool new wallpaper for Kane's Wrath over here in the Wallpaper's section of the C&C website. 1024*768 preview below, head to the C&C site for more sizes.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Kushan 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Database Manager
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:02 AM

Very interesting, for once the "surprise" they mentioned was actually something really decent!

#3 User is offline   Deso 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Asset Manager
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

lol i love this new cnc tv, its a good way to promote mods ;)

#4 User is offline   Blodo 

• Civilian
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

Promoted TS:R nicely, that's for sure :P

#5 User is offline   CnC Fan 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:53 PM

They only said TSR was a mod that recreated the scene of TS. People are going to get the impression that this mod is going to be an exact replica of the original. But as it appears after reading some posts, it clearly shows you guys are throwing in a lot more "extra" things in there that wasn't in TS with your suggestions and all. It's great for people who want to try out something new, but isn't for conservatives. Any ideas?

I also find it funny how they brag about their mod sdk tools and showing off some of the mods when in fact the mod sdk tools limits the creativity of the modders with compromises. nevertheless, it's still a great way to promote mods.

#6 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hehe thanks guys

And thankyou Apoc for mentioning us in the Community Corner ;) cheers mate

Well yes Tiberian Sun Rising is the next evolution of Tiberian Sun, but we may yet apply some sort of classic mode perhaps... if theres a good way of doing it.

#7 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

anyone else find it amusing that the CNCmovie page only worked for a single Day :P

#8 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

What I want to know is who the hell complained about it and had it taken down... Or more interestingly, how the heck did one of the previous actors/resses find out and complain about royalties? I swear these days people are turning the whole world into a giant bureaucracy with so many tangled laws and rules and legal wussy crap that you can't take a step without getting sued...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users