CnC Source Forums: Cyborg Control Center questions - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cyborg Control Center questions Few questions/suggestions regarding Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EvilGoodGuy 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Hey guys.
On the latest media release, the Cyborg Control Center was revealed. First off I'd like to say I think this structure is a great idea, and reminds me a lot of the robot control center from RA2.
My understanding is that this structure is needed to produce cybernetic units, and to also maintain them; and that if it is destroyed, that any existing cyborgs/reapers will lose control and go berserk.
The berserk idea is really cool, and I'm sure it will give players a reason to target this structure when versing a nod enemy.

But a few questions I have regarding the Cyborg Control Center are:

1. will the player only be able to have 1 built at a time?
2. If captured by an enemy player, will the capturing player take control of the existing cyborgs?
3. If power to the base is taken down, will the cyborgs go berserk, or power down? i think it would be cool if they powered down, and only went berserk if it was destroyed. this would prevent any small mishaps that could be made by simply building 1 structure too many that takes down the power for a minute or two, and still maintain the need for the structure, but without the damaging affects you would experience from its destruction ;)

On the topic of its appearance from the concept art.. I think it looks really cool, kinda like a electric brain, and reflects nods technological progression. Two things I might suggest is to make the flowing blue light red instead. so it would be a blue sphere with red veins pulsing through it.
The other suggestion is to make a firmer/larger foundation for the structure, so it appears more solid and gives a impression that there is a section of it contained underground.

#2 User is offline   Golan 

• funky spacebeat opposition
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hi EvilGoodGuy, welcome to our forums.

Trying to answer to my best knowledge (might change in the dev process):
1. The CCC will probably be like the Radar: you can build more than one but in most situations its better to invest your money in other things.

2. Very unlikely. The main reason is that the engine handles player affiliation of objects very rigorously - it might very well be impossible to do this properly. It's a good idea though... *makes note*

3. Seeing how cutting down the enemies power supply is a valid strategy we'd like to preserve, power loss will most likely not make Cyborgs go berserk. Otherwise, Cyborg units would be at a risk of going berserk way too often, making their usefulness too limited. Cyborgs will either get a heavy penalty (due to the CCC running on backup generators only) or shut down completely (the CCC sending a deactivation command before shutting down).

#3 User is offline   EvilGoodGuy 

• Civilian
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the info, Golan.

1. cool, thats how I figured it will be.

2. I figured it might be a stretch, both from the engine standpoint and the standpoint that the CCC may need CABAL to operate the cyborgs properly. But I look forward to seeing what you end up doing with this idea :)

3. Good to know they wont go berserk. The idea that they will get a heavy penalty sounds just as attractive to me as the idea of them powering down.

btw, i read that any questions need to be asked here so sorry if this topic thread was unnecessary.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users