CnC Source Forums: Teraforming and too much pavement - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teraforming and too much pavement Questions and ideas for teraforming and super base construction Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HC_Missile 

• Civilian
  • Group: Registered

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

I'm a big time modder for C&C Tiberian sun: Firestorm, and love to make mods geared twards superbase construction. One thing I have a huge habit of doing is paving EVERYTHING in my base as to prevent diggers from coming up and hole creation from extremely heavy weapons such as the ion cannon and multimissile. It also is nice since everything drives slightly faster on pavement, so its much easier to move within my own base.

As I play, I notice that I spend an enormous amount of time terraforming with a modified ion cannon and pavement before actually creating my base, usually resulting in my human apponent getting bored with me. I need ways to speed up this process of base construction and teraforming the land to flat land so I can actually have a base up by the time my enemy is ready to attack.

; Pavenent
[GAPAVE]
Name=Pavement
Strength=150
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
High=yes
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=6
Adjacent=150
Sight=0
Selectable=no
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
Owner=GDI,Nod
Cost=25
BaseNormal=no
Points=5
Repairable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ToTile=pvclr01

Now, I need to understand, and possibly figure out how to use, the "ToTile=pvclr01" part at the end. I understand that its a 4x4 tile set, but is there a tile set that is larger so I can create a pavement that covers a larger area, or smaller tile set that I can use to get much more accurate areas without paving places I don't want to pave?

also, is there anyway at all to make additional superweapons? For example: I want to create 2 additional ion cannons, one that has a negitive effect on turrain manipulation (makes mountains go up, yes, you can do that, I've done testing) and an ion cannon that is acts as a real superweapon, so I can just have 2 teraforming weapons, and 1 normal ion cannon.

finally, is there a way to modify the distance between walls? For example: I can modify the distance between laser wall posts needed to complete the full wall, however normal walls can't do that and are constantly limited to 5 tiles. How do you change it so I can make something like a 50 tile distance wall? (it should be guard range that changes this distance, but nothing happens if I change it.)

; concrete wall
[GAWALL]
Name=Concrete Wall
Strength=800
Prerequisite=GAPILE
High=yes
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=6
Adjacent=60
Wall=yes
Sight=1
Selectable=no
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
Owner=GDI
Cost=50
BaseNormal=no
Points=5
Repairable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
IsBase=no
GuardRange=8

NOW to the things I have done!
-I usually make it so the ion cannon has a recharge rate of .01 and a damage of only 1, but its deform rate is an exact 100%. This way, I can do pin-point teraforming on mountainous turrain and make it nice and flat. by making it so pavement can be build pretty much anywhere on the map regardless of your bases location, I can actually pave areas that are already flat so I don't acidentally create holes, and still flatten annoying mountainous terrain. This opens up a world of base construction oportunities since now you can technically build your base where ever you want. However it takes a lot of practice to not acidentally create holes on the ground, but usually its not a big problem as long as you pave the surounding area.

I also change the firestorm deffense system to actually last longer than its charge rate, and for a good time duration at that, however to counter that massive advantage of a wall that stops all projectile weapons and units, the actual generators now are extremely weak, making them a keen target to take advantage of, the generators also have an massive 2500 power output each, but the actual walls take up a -15 each section, which adds up very fast. The generators also cost 6000 credits, making them a hard thing to replace easily. So its nice to have them, but a huge asset if you rely on them. (also note, that I modified all superweapons so they are effected by firestorm deffenses, with the exception of the ion cannon, and the drop pods)

Lastly, I make it so both GDI and Nod tech is avalible to everyone, making superbases just that much more super.

(extra little mods here and there were also added)

Usually me and my friends like to just spend hours building our bases to these huge incredible centers and then when we finnish, we take turns defending and attacking. Yea, it doesn't seem fun to most people, but we love coming up with great strategies for defenses and offenses that are reliable, easy to repair and replace, and are efficient and effective.

#2 User is offline   0warfighter0 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

Sweet... where can you download this mod?

#3 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Old post is old.

#4 User is offline   0warfighter0 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

I knew but wanted to know that -_-;

#5 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hmm there are plenty of old TS mods around that add a new Terraformer unit which if u tell it to attack the ground would Deform the terrain digging a deep endless pit lol was a bit ridiculous but fun.

And they usually had a unit which could reverse it I'm pretty sure if memory serves me right.

Hmm did anyone try making a larger Pavement tile, and making a unit which could Deploy into a large Pavement tile? *eg like a 16X16 tile* would be interesting.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users