• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Air Cav! Yet another news post

#1 User is offline   [TheOne] 

• Rocket Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:58 PM

Yes, yes, I finally decided to post some news. We are still alive and all and I am ready to show you some of our choppers:

First off the Huey:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The most widely used military helicopter, the Bell UH-1 series Iroquois, better known as the "Huey", began arriving in Vietnam in 1963. Before the end of the conflict, more than 5,000 of these versatile aircraft were introduced into Southeast Asia. "Hueys" were used for MedEvac, command and control, and air assault; to transport personnel and materiel; and as gun ships. Considered to be the most widely used helicopter in the world, with more than 9,000 produced from the 1950s to the present, the Huey is flown today by about 40 countries.

Huey Gunship:

Posted Image
Posted Image

UH-1B/UH-1C "Hueys" were used with moderate success as a gun ship with door mounting M60D 7.62 machine guns on the M23 armament subsystem. They could also be armed with a pod or side-mounting six-barrel "Minigun" and seven-tube XM157 or XM158 2.75 inch (70mm) rocket launcher on the Emerson Electric M21 armament subsystem, and the M5 chin-turret mount for a 40mm grenade launcher. The UH-1B was also armed with two fixed-mounting M24A1 20mm cannon on the XM31 armament subsystem. The M60A1 reflex sight was used for sighting guns and rockets on the UH-1B, UH-1C, and UH-1M "Huey". With the fielding of the larger UH-1D as the Armys primary utility helicopter, the smaller UH-1Bs/UH-1Cs assumed the gunship role as their primary mission.

AH-1G Cobra:

Posted Image
Posted Image

In 1966, the DOD contracted with Bell Helicopter, Inc. (BHI) for 1,100 AH-1G aircraft, which logged more than 1 million flight hours in Vietnam.

Be sure to stop by our forums to perhaps lend a hand with some work or just to post some comments.

#2 User is offline   Forward Observer 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

They look awesome! But I thought you had the huey M60s worked out.......

The Cobra looks espcially awesome except the windows on it arn't the same kind as the ones on the other Hueys.

#3 User is offline   will01 

• Civilian

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

models are good but the color of the windows on the hueys needs to change, perhaps to the color of teh Cobras or jsut clear

#4 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

I like how the americans are destorying the civs houses

very true to life there

#5 User is offline   [TheOne] 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:06 PM

Oh that, heh, yeah that was me on a rampage on the screenshot map.

But don't get me started on attacks on villages and such, they were exactly a usual event, just because you saw them in Platoon it doesn't mean it happened in every platoon.

Oh and FO unseen to the render, seen to the screenshot.

Hope I got that right.

#6 User is offline   jakeydude666 

• RACD Team Member

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:53 AM

hmmmm
The Huey models are OK, skins arnt too bad, but the glass doesn't look real, and it isn't beat up enough for Vietnam
Also, the AH-1 is hella ugly
who made them?

#7 User is offline   Forward Observer 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

The Hueys were built fine and get damaged when there hit. Just like in real life.

#8 User is offline   [TheOne] 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:58 AM

Dude, I'm the one who has to skin it, and well I suck at skinning.

I know the glass doesn't look real, but by the team I got to there it was too late to change it, and you really won't notice a bit of dust on the bottom ingame when playing. And since I know you are a member of Vietnam Reborn: are you your hueys also beat up and well your AH1 isn't the correct version, as well as the hueys ;). And your skins aren't the best too.

#9 User is offline   Forward Observer 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

Hey! Read him his rights!

#10 User is offline   [TheOne] 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:11 AM

I will only return what I got.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +