Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberian Sun Original Features I WANTZ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HANDofKANE_adv 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

Could somebody supply me with a list that contains the features that westwood wanted it to have

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

This is not a complete list, but off the top of my head:

*The Dropship Loadout screen would let you choose units that you would take into battle.
*Map lighting was going to play a much larger role. Unit vision ranges and accuracy were going to be tied into the map lighting. Units in well-lit areas at night (such as near light posts) would be more effective in combat than those in the dark. Those guard towers with spotlights would light up enemies in the dark and make them easier to target.
*The Hunter Seeker was going to be more than just an uncontrollable unstoppable "super"weapon. It was going to have a selection menu where you could choose the type of units you wanted it to target and it would actually roam the map instead of traveling in a straight line to a target the moment it was released.
*The Drop Pod Node on the GDI Upgrade Center was originally going to be a Threat Rating Node. I'm not sure what the Threat Rating system was going to be, but I believe units and defenses would have a longer sight range and concentrate fire on more threatening enemies first.
*They originally thought of a "dynamic-battlefield" where player actions affected the environment such as setting fire to trees leading to forest fires that could rampage through an enemy's territory. There were also plans for more use of the deforming terrain.
*A Nod unit called the Scavenger could take weapons off of destroyed vehicles and add them to itself to make it stronger.
*The Dropship Bay for reinforcements and some sort of GDI Command Center (unknown function) were cut.
*The Tiberium ecology was going to be more expansive. Veinholes would possibly have arrived in meteor storms. GDI would have had a chemical weapons agent that specialized in killing the Veinhole weeds as a counterpart to Nod's Weed Eater.
*Nod superweapon: Call Meteor Storm was cut from the game.

#3 User is offline   Marshall End 

• Civilian

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:55 AM

there was something about having Garrison civilian buildings

#4 User is offline   HANDofKANE_adv 

• Minigunner

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Thanx allot, if any of you come around the full list, please PM it to me, I want to see how I can fiquer out more ways to enhance the vision Westwood had and get more feel into the TW port, I would like to join the team but I'm still trying to find a way I'm usefull,

I'm a fair moddeler - http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cld...amp;prevstart=0
I'm good at texturing - I'm a visual artist, I'd amke a fair texturer
I'm alright with mapping - Once took on to remake the Phoenix base map from Tsun GDI lev 1 into TW
I'm learing java code - taking a course, but what code is Tsun built on?
I've a very creative mind - I like to live into a movie/game/novel (not like a fanatic at the star wars conventions *shudder*)
I'm easily adaptable to a idea - I like to addapt to a projects needs and to be in sync with members, as to get the best result.

So uh, what posts are open? o_O

#5 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

Have you tried actually reading the forum? :P

http://www.cnc-sourc...?showtopic=6551

#6 User is offline   HANDofKANE_adv 

• Minigunner

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

View PostMighty BOB!, on Apr 20 2008, 12:13 AM, said:

Have you tried actually reading the forum? :P

http://www.cnc-sourc...?showtopic=6551

lol, yeah yeah...
So (to all) just PM me the list if you happen to come across it...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users