CnC Source Forums: A new mod in the comunity - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A new mod in the comunity Introducing Renegade2 Mod to the comunity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BogdanV 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

Hello there ! Some of you might now me from here at CnC-Source and APB as BogdanV. Well anyway, probably, quite a few know that I'm the leader of a new project/mod for Renegade that aims at creating a "what if" scenario of RA2's Allied victory going to TD after the Soviet's last struggle to reconquer the USA after their defeat in RA2. And since this mod's objective is to unite the RA storyline (including RA2) with the Tiberian one, my thought was to call it simply "Renegade2 Mod" . Maybe the title doesn't sound too exciting, but it is just a placeholder for the final title of the mod. To keep things as simple as possible, here's a small FAQ to respond to some of your possible questions (if you still have any other questions/comments, please post them openly) :

Q1 : What is your mod about (like background story) ?
A1 : This mod is positioned a few years after the aftermath of RA2. The world is in ruin due to the scale of the war, and most of the world's countries are ruined economically. The Allies are victorious and Alexander Romanov is trialled and executed at UN's Court of War decision. It has been decided that the next soviet leader that will act as a puppet ruler will be a man publicly known only as Kane. As this happens, Romanov's son, Evgeniy, is marked by his father's fate and wants revenge. Kane wants to create a new organization, more appeasing for the masses, to control the entire planet and for this, the failed image of sospamsm must be dismantled and replaced with a new, similar doctrine, something near to the masses, a Brotherhood. But to achieve this, both the Allies and the current USSR must be eliminated. Especially the Soviet Union. Knowing Evgeniy's desire to avenge his father, Kane exploits this and secretly helps him to launch a massive invasion on US soil. And this is how the Fourth World War begins ! The full story can be read at the mod's

ModDB profile at : <a href="http://mods.moddb.com/7209/renegade2-mod/" target="_blank">Renegade2 Mod ModDB

Profile</a>
Q2 : With such a detailed story, will there be something like a Single Player for this mod ?
A2 : Hopefully, yes. If most of you want this mod to be developed, then we will probably look on making a Single Player too. But right now, a Multiplayer only version is intended.
Q3 : Where can I see more of your mod ?
A3 : Currently, the ModDB is the only page depicting what has been currentlydone, but hopefully, a site for the mod will be launched, to make things easier for you and us.
Q4 : I like your mod. How can I help your project ?
A4 : If you are good at anything that is involved in the process of making a mod (like modeling, texturing, skinning, coding, etc.), please PM me or contact me via e-mail at "vitelb1@yahoo.com" .
Q5 : I'm not good at moding, but I really want to help you and I don't know how. Is there anything I can do ? Please tell me !
A5 : Sure there's something you can do and it would really help us a lot if you'd do this ! To help us, please spread the word about us to everyone ! A mod that isn't known is a dead mod. Please spread the word about the mod in the community if you want to help us make this mod so that we can all enjoy it !

And here are some renders of our work, from our ModDB profile :

Soviet Iron Curtain :
Posted Image

Allied Barracks interior :
Posted Image

Soviet Office Building (will be used as a HQ maybe) :
Posted Image

Civilian Refinery (RA2 building) :
Posted Image

Libyan Demolition Truck :
Posted Image

Allied Missile Silo (as seen in the RA2 intro) :
Posted Image

Also, if you like our mod, please visit another mod that is in development, Apocalypse Rising, with which Renegade2 Mod is merged : <a href="http://www.apathbeyond.com" target="_blank">Apocalypse Rising</a> .
If this is considered spam, I'm terribly sorry, I never intended it. Thank you !

#2 User is offline   Ihm 

• Not quite so dead...
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

Looks pretty cool, Ive edited the post and made it shorter, you seem to have just dropped it in with the
tags, which made the post stupidly long...

#3 User is offline   BogdanV 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for your edits, it was very late when I made this post and it seems that I've done some writing errors.

#4 User is offline   One Winged Angel 

• Westwood 3d > All
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

Awesome stuff :)

#5 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

I could swear I posted in here.. cool stuff.

#6 User is offline   Ihm 

• Not quite so dead...

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

The mysterious post eating monster strikes again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users