CnC Source Forums: Afghanistan Beta2 Previews Are Here! - CnC Source Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Afghanistan Beta2 Previews Are Here! Videos of afghanistan beta2 vehicles Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sgtmay 

• Jack of all trades master of none
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:12 AM

I am going to start releasing videos of the vehicles that will be included in beta2.

I am planning to release at least 1 video of a different unit every day for the next week.

So to start it off I guess I will show a quick walkthrough and flying demo of the drop ship.

This video features the GDI drop ship useable turrets...how to get in and out of them......where you have to get in to drive it......a quick view of the enter/exit animation which is still a little buggy.....and a scale comparison to the base buildings.

If you are a dialup user click on the mirror link in the download page to view the low quality .wmv format video with sound(3.77 MB (3,955,169 bytes))

The music track for the video is a clip from one of my brother's songs.

Posted Image
Click here to download the preview video

This first video is in AVI format and is 2 minutes and 17 seconds long.
This is a 58.5Mb download.

:thumb:

#2 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:59 PM

That wasn't so good. Next time, use DivX or something similar to compress the video.
Because it showed only uppper left portion of the screen, all what there was mostly black. No entering animations could be seen. There was no sound.

#3 User is offline   KaiserPanda 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

180Mb for a under-2-min video clip is JUST PLAIN WRONG.
RESIZE, MOVIE COMPRESSION.

#4 User is offline   sgtmay 

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

that sucks....sorry guys.

I am using a program to make the movies that isn't exactly top notch either.......FRAPS......it only works properly in 640X480 mode.

I'm working on fixing the problemb as best as I can for now.

Did u try the low res version?

It should work for you guys....and you can see the transitions in that one......it's only 3.77 Mb

Those little warning stripe squares are the enter/exit points for the turrets and the center one is for the driver/passengers.

#5 User is offline   Antisheep 

• Soundtrack Crew...Baa

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:09 PM

Checked out some of your bro's music. For having such a really good voice, he settles for an unorthodox sound. I mean, drum machine? Tell him I said that he's a genius for what he's doing with what equipment he's using.

#6 User is offline   sgtmay 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:57 AM

He is pretty damn good :D

All of these songs are at least 4 years old now.

Most of his stuff was recorded to analog and then mixed and dumped to digital.

He used this really old 8 track recorder that he bough from radio shack to make the masters......and it leaves a little of the audio quality behind.

He has been slowly but surely building a collection of newer equipment......as well as new songs.

My sister is saving up for an important new addition to the studio.....a 16 track digital recorder that can dump directly via USB to a computer.

The family studio project is finally moving into the digital era! :thumb:

He has released 3 Cds to date and I keep prodding him to keep at it and get another cd ready for release.....and this time to actually release it world wide instead of just within the confines of our little corner of the world.

When he gets his digital s-hit together maybe he will release a 4 cd collection with all of his stuff from the early days.......the recording quality of his material has gone way up since this stuff was done.

Both my sister laurie and josh are working on some new studio projects that I will share with you guys when they are released.

#7 User is offline   Antisheep 

• Soundtrack Crew...Baa

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

That's so cool....

:medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal:

Edit: "Here and Now" is my fave. The chording is crazy sounding but simple.

#8 User is offline   sgtmay 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

yeah.....the vocals have a "Steve miller band-ish" quality to them too.....it's one of my fav's too

#9 User is offline   danpaul88 

• umm...

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:28 PM

well, it looks like a good start, but the walking through the 'walls' of the ship seems a bit daft....

also, what exactly will be the function of the drop ship? will it drop passengers from high up without fall damage? if not its only real use would be an airborne weapons platform, which from the video it would probably be very good at.

#10 User is offline   sgtmay 

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

it's an airborne super weapon and troop transport.

The renegade physics are a little on the daft side too.....I have physical collision enabled on all the vehicle meshes but you can still walk right through them.....and I have to make the worldbox real thin so that you can walk on top of it.

That's the only way I could make it possible to physicaly enter the vehicle to get to the driver/gunners seats.

It will hold 20 players including the turret operaters......I am hoping to eventually allow it to carry at least one vehicle too.

It's basicly a base assult vehicle that will allow a whole team to hit one base all at once while the turrets lay down covering fire for the base rushers.....you land.....they get out and mine/C4 the base......and your turrets take out base defenses and defending players.

The transport has 2000 hit points and with concentrated fire can take down an obelisk within a few seconds......the use of this vehicle is totally dependant on teamwork......the driver has no weapons to fire.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users