• You cannot reply to this topic

Devil's Flames & Nod Construction Yard Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

Good Evening,

This week on the battlefield, the Devil's Tongue subterrain flame tank was tested in the field whilst mabye not the most technologically advanced weapon within the Brotherhood. The Devil's Tongue is a very deadly and sneaky vehicle with the abilty to travel in both a land and burrowed mode (allowing it to travel under any and all obstacles except it cannot surface over pavement).The Devil's Tongue can also burrow whilst stationary to hide pockets of force's to be unleashed at a later time although they can be detected by enemy sensors so deploy your forces accordingly.

Posted Image

Next up is the Brotherhood's Construction Yard, this concept (by our talented Dr][ft) is a visualiation of a Nod Construction Yard during the Second Tiberium war being a unique Construction Yard design from any other in C&C but still distinctly styled after Nod during the 2nd Tiberium War. This Construction Yard is a subterrain structure most of the core structure is burried underground whilst the surface structure brings materials up from underground via a Crane to be used for constructing new buildings within a base.

Posted Image

Please feedback is welcome, we want to know what you think of it ;). All of our concept artists have been working very hard this week I choose to highlight Dri][ft's piece you'll be seeing more concepts for Tiberian Sun Rising in coming weeks.

In other news I'll be going to CommandCOM this week, so if anyone has any questions about Command & Conquer 4 let me know and I'll chase them up. Also if you happen to be at the GameConvention and bump into me you might just get to play a live demo of Tiberian Sun Rising ;) mabye.

Lastly for those who missed it I uploaded the Tiberian Sun Teaser video that was aired in Battlecast Primetime acouple of weeks ago so watch it now! if you havent already :). Peace Through Power!

Tiberian Sun Rising Mod for C&C: Tiberium Wars Videos & Audio - Mod DB

#2 User is offline   Madin 

• Rocket Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

I see no normal map. The model looks a 100% generals.
The treads also do not seem to be using the variation of the UV move shader that allows for specular and normal maps.
I'm guessing that this is a work in progress and that for media presentation purposes you decided this was adequate. Most people would not be able to tell the difference, but those nice big clear screenshots...

#3 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

Ah! It's great to see something new :)

The Devil's Tongue, while being a great, 3-dimensional reincarnation of the original, looks a bit... bland. Not outright boring, but a bit bland. Somehow, it's just not that interesting to look at (yet), despite being a piece of quality work. The funny thing is that for example Carnius' Devil's Tongue from his Tiberium Essence mod, while straying a lot from the original design, is, at least in my opinion, more interesting to look at.
I don't really mean to compare or critize, though. Just something I noticed. Oh, and the pop-up ability is a really friggin' cool thing.

By the way, I've always wondered if you will change the appearance of the flame particle, at least color-wise. It always bothered me how colorless the fire effects in TW were. Then again, the whole game itself is kinda colorless / grey-brown (REALITY IS BROWN LOLZ!) XD

As for the Nod conyard artwork, I think it fits perfectly. It's kinda simple and, at the same time, mystical-looking, which is what I'd expect to look such an important (if not to say monolithic) Nod building anyway. Great work, I'm really hoping to see this one ingame soon :D

P.S.: Will the Devil's Tongue be 'type immune'/flame proof, meaning your DTs won't hurt your others through accidental "friendly fire"? I've always hated how a group of those tended to kill themselves when attacking targets right next to or between them... I understand they have to be vulnerable to enemy flame attacks, though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users