• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any... Mods... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NodMan 

• SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

I have finally beaten Kane's Wrath on Hard with all Objectives, Secondary Objectives, and Intelligence Information gathered in all Missions. So I have spent a few hours looking and am unable to find this. But I was wondering is there any Modifications for Kane's Wrath? Because I have been unable to find any.

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

Nope. EA has not and is not planning on releasing a Mod SDK ever. So there are and will be no mods for it.

A quick and dirty explanation of why is this:
EALA made Tiberium Wars and shipped it to stores. We'll call this code base version 1.0 since it was the 1.0 version of the game.
Then they outsourced the production of Kane's Wrath to another company. They gave that company the base code 1.0 to build KW off of. KW is like version 1.X of the code. KW patch 1.02 is like version 1.X2 of the code.

But then at the exact same time, EALA made a bunch of patches for TW which changed the code to 1.01, 1.02, blah blah, 1.07 where the SDK was made, 1.08, and 1.09, both with the SDK already created and updated a little. They did this without giving the new updated code to the company that they outsourced KW to. This is also why KW shipped with a bunch of bugs and exploits that had already been fixed in TW patches, because as I said, the code that fixed those bugs in TW patches wasn't given to the company.

This also means that the code from patch 1.07 that included the SDK was not integrated into KW. So TW 1.09 code is not compatible with KW 1.X.2 code which means they would have to remake the SDK for KW instead of simply copying it over.

And this brings us to the real problem: EA is made of lies. They say they want to give full support to the modding community, but in truth they don't. Making a KW SDK would be a waste of resources/money to them. Oh sure making the TW SDK was a huge action of support. They certainly didn't need to do that so we're very grateful that they did. But because of the nature of the engine needing to compile things before they can be played as mods, there's no way to properly do that for KW without an SDK for it.

#3 User is offline   Havoc 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Wow thats alot of explaining, Still though this is why some people have lost respect for EA.

#4 User is offline   NodMan 

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I never had respect for EA, I lost almost all hope for C&C after Red Alert 2.

#5 User is offline   Havoc 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

really? i thouht red alert 2 had good ideas but the thing i found bad with it was the way they had done it...

#6 User is offline   NodMan 

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

No Red Alert 2 was good, Yuri's Revenge wasn't bad either. However all C&C games after that have been lame either story wise or game play or both.

#7 User is offline   Havoc 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

yeah i think i know what you mean stil RA 3 was not bad in my opinion in anything but its true it could have been much better. What can you d though right?

#8 User is offline   NodMan 

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

Burn down EA?

#9 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

View PostNodMan, on Feb 7 2009, 01:15 AM, said:

Burn down EA?

Ironically enough, you can actually do that in RA3.

#10 User is offline   NodMan 

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

You could in Red Alert 2 as well. The map with the super soldier Actors (like Flint Westwood) you could burn down the EA headquarters.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users