• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Patch Is out Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

View Postrazorblade001, on Jul 21 2006, 07:12 PM, said:

I installed it... but It won't play.. It keeps saying it is not detecting a file.

Then when I try to run the VB Script, it says "Cannot detect Zero Hour Installation directory"
That is where I installed it too!!!

You got The First Decade?

#12 User is offline   Cruiser06 

• Civilian
  • Group: Registered

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:30 AM

I've just downloaded the 1.7 patch and installed it...it has the exact same filename as 1.5 and is the same size plus nothing in the game has changed...have I downloaded the wrong thing or what lol...I really wanna solve this lag and get the AI to play better...they are the 2 things (biggest) that I don't like about the mod...apart from that I LOVE this mod

#13 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

View PostCruiser06, on Sep 20 2006, 10:30 AM, said:

I've just downloaded the 1.7 patch and installed it...it has the exact same filename as 1.5 and is the same size plus nothing in the game has changed...have I downloaded the wrong thing or what lol...I really wanna solve this lag and get the AI to play better...they are the 2 things (biggest) that I don't like about the mod...apart from that I LOVE this mod

There may be issues with the last released version, including the lag issues, the current version we have is a long way from that version so I couldn't really be sure what's wrong there, sorry to say though that we have much more planned for the next version so you may have to wait a while yet, believe me when I say its going to be a much more professional, high quality and nostalgic version.

#14 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:36 AM

*Emerges from the shadows* But when!!! when do we get this latest uber patch!!! *dissolves back into the shadows*

#15 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

View PostcplHicks359, on Sep 28 2006, 04:35 PM, said:

*Emerges from the shadows* But when!!! when do we get this latest uber patch!!! *dissolves back into the shadows*

In time, believe me when I say the next version will be a big difference :D.

In fact, I wouldn't really call it a patch, rather a remake.

Every single detail of the mod is being reassessed, as well as the large issues such as the lag problems, balancing and interface and other gameplay features, the small details are being paid attention to as well, we're aiming for a higher level of quality feel, already it feels great, Im sorry to taunt you on this but without the lag issues the damn game is quite speedy and like the original C&C.

We're not planning on releasing any screenies yet though, media coverage of the 'new' TFTW will start when the mod gets into the testing stages and we actually have some good maps and new models to show you, up until now the majority of the changes are in the feel of the game, though if I were to show you a screenie from the latest you would notice the new terrain and C&C3 style interface (not in looks, but almost the same in function).

#16 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:52 AM

hows it going?

#17 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

View PostAssassin, on Nov 3 2006, 11:52 AM, said:

hows it going?

Just been a bit over worked at the moment, a few projects to do and such, but the only code-wise thing left for the next internal release is to get the building staff thing working, and I'm sure I can do that once I have time.

Incidentally, if you can find someone to help with those props I needed, it would be really great if I can get those in before the internal release.

#18 User is offline   0r30 

• Minigunner

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:52 AM

I know you said you won't be releasing any screenies or anything and I respect that but PLEASE, for the sake of your mod make a new post on the main page!!! the last post was in 27 August 2005!!!!! its near 2007!?!? most people will take one look at your site as I did a few months ago and assume its dead.... even the forums are half dead, this is the only thread that has been updated in over a year!!!

So even a "were still alive, bookmark us and come back in the future" post etc will keep people interested and coming back.

I can wait for this mod its class I played it ages ago. As I've read you guys are overhauling the whole project which I think is a smart move - this will easily be one of the top three generals mods when it comes out, but if ya all keep this site dormant, no-one will know about the mod once its released!!!

And are you sure you won't relese any pics? or even post a few things (on the main page) about what's been revamped/edited?

huge TD fan

0r30

#19 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

View Post0r30, on Dec 23 2006, 01:52 PM, said:

I know you said you won't be releasing any screenies or anything and I respect that but PLEASE, for the sake of your mod make a new post on the main page!!! the last post was in 27 August 2005!!!!! its near 2007!?!? most people will take one look at your site as I did a few months ago and assume its dead.... even the forums are half dead, this is the only thread that has been updated in over a year!!!

So even a "were still alive, bookmark us and come back in the future" post etc will keep people interested and coming back.

I can wait for this mod its class I played it ages ago. As I've read you guys are overhauling the whole project which I think is a smart move - this will easily be one of the top three generals mods when it comes out, but if ya all keep this site dormant, no-one will know about the mod once its released!!!

And are you sure you won't relese any pics? or even post a few things (on the main page) about what's been revamped/edited?

huge TD fan

0r30

It's probable we'll be poking our heads out of the ground once again during the hols, screenshots wouldn't convey the majority of the work done over the last while (mainly large balance, code, music and interface improvements) but we can arrange that.

#20 User is offline   NiGhtPiSH 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

in my humble opinion if you make a newer version of the mod the things that it should include must be like:

1. Better AI. Take as an example the AI of the Red Alert 3 Generals TC even ripping it and modifying it for the units and buildings the mod has won't be a sin.
2. Tiberium - the new code Assassin made up for TSR.
3. New Skins and Damaged frames for the buildings. The
4. Maps - I presonally tried to make maps for me and they were pretty good for first timer, but I think that if releasing one of them will be a shame on the background of the awesome maps the whole community shows. Or enabling the maps in ZH to be played on, since the technology in TD is simillar with the one of Generals.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users