• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epic Units Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

I always imagined Nod used Core Defender technology to develop the Avatar but as EA sliced CABAL out of the story for TW it killed that theory... however may be reopen to conisderation in KW perhaps espically in terms of the Redeemer.

Hmmm an Epic Unit from Nods standpoint that fits.. would be more something based on incredibly abilitys then its size... it could be rather a small unit with amazing powers.

#12 User is offline   Nubilus 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

View PostAssassin, on Mar 18 2008, 08:13 AM, said:

I always imagined Nod used Core Defender technology to develop the Avatar but as EA sliced CABAL out of the story for TW it killed that theory... however may be reopen to conisderation in KW perhaps espically in terms of the Redeemer.

Hmmm an Epic Unit from Nods standpoint that fits.. would be more something based on incredibly abilitys then its size... it could be rather a small unit with amazing powers.

Westwood had a unit concept during TS's development that was similar in functionality to the Avatar. It might have been scrapped because of balance reasons. The unit was called Scavenger, and it was a vehicle that would collect the scrap of destroyed units to integrate the weapons to itself. That might be something to consider for Nod.

#13 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hell the Nod Redeemer functions alot like the Core Defender its almost exactly a Core Defender clone escept for its two upgraded pods.

It was silly to say it was based on he Avatar architecture in the Intel posts they should have said it was based off the Core Defender... though its quite amusing the mission you face down GDI's Epic Unit and develop your own in the Campaign.

Yes Kanes Wrath has hit Australia its quite alot of fun :)

#14 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

On the note of Epic Units

They seem not really anymore powerful then the Mammoth Mk2 was in Tiberian Sun, so I consider them quite balanced in that sense and are more or less just a Mammy Mk2 clone for each side with customisable hardpoints.

#15 User is offline   zdflamer 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

my idea is to have the dropship bay a second factory. with this u can call in the mkII which is gdis epic unit

nod dont really hav an epic unit but they have subterranean technology which kinda makes up for it

#16 User is offline   zdflamer 

• Minigunner
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

actually ive had an idea, if u look at some of my ideas in the ideas thread maybe if nod had a CABAL subfaction it could have an early avatar tho i wouldnt call it epic in comparison to the mkII

#17 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

The unit that was similair to the Avatar in TS's development was the Nod Scanvenger a vehicle with customisable hardpoints based on picking up weapons from dead enemy units cept could be any unit not just Nod tech.

If CABAL were to be a seperate faction it would be a renegade CABAL ala Firestorm which well lets just worry about GDI and Nod before we even look that far ahead.

We wont be doing Subfactions... Tech Trees are still our method which allow players to customise their faction as they play, rather then be locked into a particular subfaction for the entire match. Which will make scouting a high priority to figure out what your enemy is going to throw at you :D.

#18 User is offline   Lone Wolf 

• Minigunner

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

Yay your sticking to the tech tree method :)

#19 User is offline   Nubilus 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Very nice to hear :)

I don't think Nod needs an Epic unit, but if they do then it would be cool if they had the Scavenger unit.

#20 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hmm always an idea perhaps also have to consider whether it really suits Nod too

But yes the Tech Tree system we still far perfer over culttering the game with subfactions didnt like it in Zero Hour though it was enjoyable in Zero Hour I thought it could have been applied better. Kanes Wrath definatly has better subfactions with more to them... but I still feel the tech tree method is far better and more interesting way to go.. reallly subfactions is just a dumbed down method of doing tech trees ingame cept alot more restrictive and obvious.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users