#1 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery
  • Group: Network Staff

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Arena = working title for KW.

Proof:
http://dw78nov.blogspot.com/2008/01/walk-c...i-did-with.html

David Weinstein's Wolverine animation for the KW trailer.

Weinstein's online resume mentions his work on C&C: Arena with The Third Floor, it doesn't however contain KW.

And thus everything falls into place: the "epic robot battle" cinematic is simply the KW mech trailer, and "fleshing out the C&C world from scratch" is redesigning the Titan and Wolverine.

This also explains how development on Arena preceded RA3, and why it was listed as Command & Conquer 3: Arena in one place.

As for the title:

"Arena" could easily refer to the conquest mode, a global arena of conflict. While this mode was pushed aside at some moment during production, some of you might remember that more emphasis on it was put in the earliest KW previews, which said the singleplayer campaign would take place in this mode.

So, goodbye Arena speculation, we can now shift our attention towards C&C4 :cool:

#2 User is offline   Stygs 

• Minigunner
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

It sounds logical, but either Weinstein exaggerated a lot or he is referring to some unreleased material.
"epic robot battle" for example could refer to a video with the redeemer or something along the line...

However, I really doubt that "Arena" is KW, I guess it will be some kind of online game....

#3 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

View PostKodaemon, on Apr 17 2009, 11:58 AM, said:

And thus everything falls into place: the "epic robot battle" cinematic is simply the KW mech trailer, and "fleshing out the C&C world from scratch" is redesigning the Titan and Wolverine.

Am I missing something here? I have never seen a "KW mech trailer," nor have I seen the high-poly Wolverine and Titan outside of the walk-around renders. If there's an "epic battle" featuring these units, I sure as hell want to see it.

#4 User is offline   Kodaemon 

• Flame Trooper
  • View gallery
  • Group: Network Staff

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

View PostGeneral Aurum, on Apr 18 2009, 07:17 AM, said:

Am I missing something here? I have never seen a "KW mech trailer," nor have I seen the high-poly Wolverine and Titan outside of the walk-around renders. If there's an "epic battle" featuring these units, I sure as hell want to see it.

Oh no, I was just talking about this one: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fQMXJWJPQP8

Note that Weinstein only said the render was a test for the walk cycle.

Anyhow, like Chriz said, there probably is some unreleased stuff for KW, much like there are unreleased TW trailers and cutscenes. The "And then, they came" trailer is an infamous example of this.

#5 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

There is one hole in this theory, though. Why does Weinstein's name not appear in the credits of Kane's Wrath? Even if the work he did was not released, his name should be among those credited-- after all, EA likes to include everyone remotely involved with their projects, right down to the legal teams.

#6 User is offline   Stygs 

• Minigunner

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

I just want to revoke my previous statement - KW is defenatly NOT CnC Arena. ;-^)

Not that Kodaemons claim ever made much sense (why would an artist use the name "CNC Arena" for a portfolio when everyone know this game as KW? Or why was the CnC Arena logo totaly different from the CnC3 one?), but Peter Larsen (aka Spinelli666), a EA Community Manager from EA Germany who now works for EALA (part of the C&C Live Team or something along this lines), posted a little statement about CnC Arena, saying that we should "wait for the summer".

And I certain about 2 things:
1. I know enough about Spinelli666 to trust him about this (even through he is not much know outside the german community)
2. You dont say "wait for summer" when you are talking about a game released over 1 year ago...

#7 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

The plot thickens!

#8 User is offline   Stygs 

• Minigunner

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

Well, looking back to this topic, it seems kinda clear that Kodaemon was quite wrong :P

#9 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

Yeah it works much better as a working title for the gameplay prototype that became C&C4.

#10 User is offline   Stygs 

• Minigunner

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:46 AM

Guess what?

The "epic robot battle cinematic" finally has been found:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users