CnC Source Forums: TSR Versions - CnC Source Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSR Versions Rate Topic: -----

Poll: TSR Ports (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's Going to Play, or Who Wants

1. TSR Zero Hour Version (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. TSR C&C3 Version (21 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

I'm just curious if we put in the effort and finished off the Zero Hour version along with a C&C3 version whos going to play the Zero Hour version? Just wanting to know demand for the ZH version or at least a general idea vs the C&C3 version. I'd like to finish off the ZH version but also depends on demand where my focus will lie.

Am also curious on opinions with the move to C&C3, do you guys think the mod name should change to reflect the change to C&C3? Do you think this is confusing anyone? personnally i dont see whats so confusing... and I like the name Tiberian Sun Rising... let me know what u think.

#2 User is offline   kurorahk 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

I personaly would play both, mainly since i have both and they would have diffences that would be fun to play with.

-Kurorahk-

#3 User is offline   XTRMNTR2K 

• Genocide Industries Inc. Exterminator Model 2000
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:20 AM

To be honest, now that you've announced it, I'd rather play the Tiberium Wars version of TSR.
But if you're going to complete TSR for ZH too, I would play that as well - at least to appreciate the enormous effort you've put into it so far.

By the way, Assassin, you said that you'll have to change the code due to cnc 3 having faster gameplay... Does that mean the ZH will have a slightly slower pace? I'm just curious, because I think while TS had a pretty sluggish gameplay, CNC 3 is just a bit too quick-paced for my taste.

#4 User is offline   Krit 

• Elegant Staff Member
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:23 AM

ZH, since I have slight performance issues with C&C3 as my computer is rather outdated and I don't see a chance in upgrading any time soon.

#5 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

Both.

#6 User is offline   R(ed)II 

• Biological hazard
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

I'd have to go for both. But I understand the limited time at hand, and I don't want to wait for CnC4 to come out!

#7 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Kanes Wraith will be out sooner

#8 User is offline   Team Black 

• Technician
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Well, I'd say definitely finish it up in Generals - then after that, revamp it for CNC3

#9 User is offline   skulking_ferrit 

• Mod leader

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

A major advantage from the CnC stand point is that the difficult things have already been implamented in a way that doesn't require massive overheads, i mean sure, we had Tiberium working but anyone who played TFTW will know that there were issues with slow down, and while Assassin did his best to optimise the code it still had some issues. The other major advantage is the conyard build system, which again if we were wanting to do in ZH would possibly cause slow down. That combined with the massive graphical advancements in C&C3 make it a much more appealing choice, even if we need to learn how to get everything working. And when you consider we were going to recode the entire mode, wither we went to CnC3 or not, it's a much better option to put it on a new engine, with more possibilities than stay on an older, al be it, more well knowen engine.

#10 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Not to mention majority of the features we require are a part of the engine.

The ones that arn't the engine is similair enough to Zero Hour we can use the same techniques we used in the ZH edition of TSR to get the one or two things that C&C3 doesnt support *like FIrestorm walls for example*.

But of course we may find even better ways to do them with the new engine, but in the mean time we can get everythign fully functional with little research and testing required.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users