• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Machinima Mods relating to making machinima with renegade Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Ihm 

• Not quite so dead...
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

View PostPhantomX, on Oct 12 2006, 02:54 PM, said:

Well. my map idea was a DM style map, slightlylike blood gulch. 2 bases in slight depressions on each end of the map. hill in the middle, with trees though, because the map's so big, the terrain cuts out. so the trees would help hide that. Um, each base would have a one-way teleport to the middle of the map. behind each base would be some sort of armory, I was thinking one would have a elevator to a basement , while one would have a underground tiberium meteor strike.

The bases themselves would be two stories tall, with a basement. one would have elevator access, while the other would have outside access. ramps connecting the upper levels?

Vehicles. mabye a single kind, im trying to get the warthog model from turbosquid into the level, could be used as a joke... (what is that thing doing here? this is'nt halo...), mabye even the scorpoin tank, too. either that or an M1 model. :apc:

for purchase terminal settings, I probably will have the advanced character classes turned off, (I want this to be a playable map, too) with just the four basic trooper classes. the weapons will be modded, using the future gun model from turbosquid, and mabye some others for shotgun. or something.

That was REEEEALLLYYY long.

Erm, shouldnt you go for something more renegade, like a level from renegade or C&C, the whole point is to make it about renegade, so making a map that is like a halo level isnt really going for renegade is it?

#12 User is offline   sledge roadhouse 

• This is my Real Face
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

I would like to join I have sent you a PM. Well I reserve either the flamethrower, or black hand.
keep in mind that I can only come on fridays through sundays. I live in the USA so there will be time diffrence. Also I think we all might have diffrent internet connections. Also we need head sets.

#13 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

You could try this kind of maps: MO2(ya know, the prisoner camp map, and not the Beta one that is downloadable here), Haunted House, FieldTS(it is great fun! you can go to a level below and go to the roof) & Somehting with atleast some big buildings.

About speakers. It might be a problem. But I have a idea, it is know that you can't talk to each other via Renegade. So what if the camera-man sendt's a copy of the script to everybody. Example:

IHM?: We got a new car, it fast and dangerous. But we still need a name.
Driving Ghost: I suggest we call it: The Buggy
sledge roadhouse: Nah, It looks more.... like, a warthog.
IHM: I agree.
Driving Ghost: warthog? *coughhalocough*
sledge roadhouse: what?
Driving Ghost: Huh.... nothing.
IHM: Well, lets try it out.
*later, somewhere in the middle of the map. Driving Ghost drives(w8 the name :P )*

IHM: dude! You drive like you have lag! (I have lag at driving in Ren)
sledge roadhouse: Mommy!
Driving Ghost: Relax man, there is no other trafic.
For parts indoors, I suggest we use Haunted house 2 or we use co-op mod and select Raveshaws vila. When we have done all the parts we need to do for that parts indoors. We can kill each other and ect.
If somebody signs-up and says he doens't have a mic, I would suggest I did his voice. as I can only use my mic on my dad's lap-top

I live in the netherlands. Dunno about the time due.

That wat I tought of right now. Perhaps I can be helping you writing a script when schools not in the way.

IHM: it was more like random machinima using the renegade engine, but I'm kinda changing that now.

Sledge Roadhouse: yeah, im on all but those days. we gotta figure something out. And, duluth is in the US as well.

Driving Ghost: I was thinking mabye using talent here to act out the dialouge, on a LAN, just so that it would be easy to talk. or something. I don't know. we need to talk about it.
And, one of my courses is digital video editing, so no worries there :cool: :D

Also, if you're interested in writing scripts, I suggest Celtx. it's downloadable for free Here. it's open source, so it's totally free, and there's a script sharing online database so you could post them after we release the episode/thing.

If you're having trouble using it, this article will help.

Okay. in addition to the machinima, I want to put halo stuff on renegade. so I just found a gmax plugin that lets you import halo 3d files! :D :cool: :D Everything!

That was my random "thing" for the day.

This post has been edited by Driving Ghost: 13 October 2006 - 09:33 AM

#14 User is offline   Ihm 

• Not quite so dead...
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

If you put me in saying that kind of stuff, I will have to hurt you... No really, I will. Feel free to put me in, but dam, I wouldnt say anything like that, thats too nice and unsarcastic.

If you do put me in, Give me a sniper and make me very harsh to other people.

#15 User is offline   sledge roadhouse 

• This is my Real Face
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

funny, but I don't talk like that. In real life im a cynical jerk and im also and idealist plus I get frustaded fast, mild paranoid and a small case of OCD. But I respect your initative, but you should consult Phantom X on placing halo items in his project.

This post has been edited by sledge roadhouse: 16 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

#16 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:59 AM

yhea I know.

IHM, I know you arn't in it. It was just a concept :) with all due respect.

Sledge: Same as IHM, it was a concept.

#17 User is offline   El_Greco 

• Knight of the Order of the Grand Spatula

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:10 AM

This forum is for ideas. throw 'em around however you want....

Waiiiitaminnit, that second half of Driving Ghost's first post

IHM: it was more like random machinima using the renegade engine, but I'm kinda changing that now.

Sledge Roadhouse: yeah, im on all but those days. we gotta figure something out. And, duluth is in the US as well.

Driving Ghost: I was thinking mabye using talent here to act out the dialouge, on a LAN, just so that it would be easy to talk. or something. I don't know. we need to talk about it.
And, one of my courses is digital video editing, so no worries there cool.gif biggrin.gif

Also, if you're interested in writing scripts, I suggest Celtx. it's downloadable for free Here. it's open source, so it's totally free, and there's a script sharing online database so you could post them after we release the episode/thing.

If you're having trouble using it, this article will help.

Okay. in addition to the machinima, I want to put halo stuff on renegade. so I just found a gmax plugin that lets you import halo 3d files! biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif Everything!

That was my random "thing" for the day.

That's mine!?!!!?
What the crap? o_O

#18 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:44 AM

Personaly, I don't like Halo stuff in ren. But, hey your party!

(by the way, how much are we getting paid to play in this machinama? :P )

#19 User is offline   El_Greco 

• Knight of the Order of the Grand Spatula

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:48 AM

I just want to add the cool stuff. Like the Puma.

and I also thought that the shotgun in halo looked way more realistic than the one in renegade

#20 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:51 AM

I am fine with it, as long as you/I don't steal RvsB scripts!

And, I would love to sponser this mod. At the beginning:

(logo)
(Movie name)
Sponserd by: RenGen.
RenGen is a mod constructed by the Timetwisted Productions Crew (TPC :P )
View the mod at the Moddb Profile or
visit www.freewebs.com/ren-gen for more info

This post has been edited by Driving Ghost: 17 October 2006 - 07:53 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users