• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Machinima Mods relating to making machinima with renegade Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   El_Greco 

• Knight of the Order of the Grand Spatula
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

I've been interested in using ren to make machinima, though I would need to have a few thing modded in the game first:

1.enter/exit animations for the vehicles.
2. some thing that lets your character move its head up and down when the mouse does (to create the illusion of talking when the character has no mouth)
3. this is probably pretty easy, but have vehicles spawn in places in a map, and respawn there if destroyed. (I.e. having a tank and jeep spawn in each GDI and Nod base, or have a generic vehicle spawn in a central location (think HALO multiplayer).
4. Mabye have some kind of free-cam mode in muliplayer? not sure.

but yeah, if you have ANYTHING about this, please put it down.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   sledge roadhouse 

• This is my Real Face
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

in respose to having the head move thats already take care of. When you aiim up the person moves up his body not his head. Why spawn the vehicles. It sounds like you exactaly copying it from Red vs. Blue. Change some of the things. You got to make it true to the renegade game not to halo.

#3 User is offline   El_Greco 

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:14 AM

I'm not trying to directly imitate Red vs Blue, though I want to create some of the things like the blood gulch style map, I've got a completely different story idea.

and the thing with the moving the head, the glitch in Halo is that if you aim down, the weapon goes to an at rest position. with Renegade, there's no such glitch, and after the character goes to "at rest", you can't move the head up or down anymore. you can just turn the body left to right.

I do have an idea for the freecam thing though. say if you have a character that has a locomotor like a orca, but it's invisible, like if you make a dave's arrow a character. or something. is this feasible? I haven't tried it out yet, and I want to wait to try till I get my map before I start to mess with the characters.

#4 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

Kick ass! hope you will have succes. I would like be involved. Here is some info:

Name: Driving Ghost
Name(in-game): Driving Ghost
Character: Black Hand Sniper/SHB/Nod soldier/Nod Officer
Pefered vehicle(s): Buggy/Stank/SSM
Side: Nod(and realy no GDI)

I help you searching some mods, perhaps I can help

#5 User is offline   El_Greco 

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:18 AM

Well, it looks like I started something!

Welcome to the team, man

This post has been edited by PhantomX: 11 October 2006 - 08:18 AM

#6 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:26 AM

Also, do you perhaps remember the second Renegade level? when coming to the GDI tower where you must shoot the officer, right before you must destroy the turrets. You zoom in to the 2 soldiers standing somewhere near the turrets. You seem them using there hands and such... AKA talking. If somebody handy might get those animations, your have your talking animations!

About the flying cam. . you can use the spy box. Then the enemy's defense and your defense won't shoot you.

I also have a funny idea, wat if you add some funny skins. Like a blue humvee, a pink med tank ect. That would be funny!

This post has been edited by Driving Ghost: 11 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

#7 User is offline   sledge roadhouse 

• This is my Real Face
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:48 PM

Here is my suggestion. Create your own map a large space with outposts for both sides. Make some wreckage add some rivers, Tib feilds and maybe a mutated area. What time of day will this take place.

#8 User is offline   Driving Ghost 

• Chem Warrior

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:10 AM

I live in holland, so there will be some time differance. And I can mostly stay on-line for a long time on saturdays and fridays

#9 User is offline   El_Greco 

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:14 AM

Most likely midday, or somewhere thereabouts. I could make seperate maps for different times of day, and weather conditions.

I'm on at school, and then only during Monday through Thursday. What time is it there?

#10 User is offline   El_Greco 

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

Well. my map idea was a DM style map, slightlylike blood gulch. 2 bases in slight depressions on each end of the map. hill in the middle, with trees though, because the map's so big, the terrain cuts out. so the trees would help hide that. Um, each base would have a one-way teleport to the middle of the map. behind each base would be some sort of armory, I was thinking one would have a elevator to a basement , while one would have a underground tiberium meteor strike.

The bases themselves would be two stories tall, with a basement. one would have elevator access, while the other would have outside access. ramps connecting the upper levels?

Vehicles. mabye a single kind, im trying to get the warthog model from turbosquid into the level, could be used as a joke... (what is that thing doing here? this is'nt halo...), mabye even the scorpoin tank, too. either that or an M1 model. :apc:

for purchase terminal settings, I probably will have the advanced character classes turned off, (I want this to be a playable map, too) with just the four basic trooper classes. the weapons will be modded, using the future gun model from turbosquid, and mabye some others for shotgun. or something.

That was REEEEALLLYYY long.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users