• You cannot reply to this topic

Hello?... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

*Echo*

There anybody home?

Yeah, im making my usual once in a blue moon visit to see how things are going... And the latest post i can see, is from what, February this year?

Any updates? Issues?

Has the mod silently died, or are people still working behind the scenes? I understand that those with exams around this time wouldnt have much time for posting etc, but it has been months since the last sniff of activity.

Anyhow, Hicks here, making my usual random hello.

#2 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostcplHicks359, on Jun 10 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

*Echo*

There anybody home?

Yeah, im making my usual once in a blue moon visit to see how things are going... And the latest post i can see, is from what, February this year?

Any updates? Issues?

Has the mod silently died, or are people still working behind the scenes? I understand that those with exams around this time wouldnt have much time for posting etc, but it has been months since the last sniff of activity.

Anyhow, Hicks here, making my usual random hello.

Hi,

I'll be honest with you, TFTW is in a coma, wouldn't exactly call it death, we're not working on it any further but we might release the current version.

Really we've all been tempted to forget about all our TFTW coding woes when it comes to tiberium and classic C&C construction by aiding the Tiberian Dawn mod, there really isn't an excuse for coding a classic C&C in the Generals engine anymore considering that the TW engine is much more optimised than the Generals one for those who dont have kick ass computers and the current price of C&C3.

Nonetheless, regardless whether there'll be another release, none of the work on TFTW has gone to waste, a lot of what we've learned has been shared with the Tiberian Dawn mod, I myself oversaw the coding of all the structure, unit, weapon, armour, etc. values to match the feel of the original C&C and believe me, Tiberian Dawn is a much bigger contender at bringing back the original C&C in a modern 3D environment.

#3 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Well that is understandable...

Offtopic for a moment, damn, i joined in 2004. o.O I have been following this mod a while... *Cough* anyhow.

A release of the current material on TFTW would be good... At the least, it would give people something to contend with untill the Tiberian Dawn mod comes around. Speaking of which, ill have to check their work out and see how 'tis goin...

Its a shame to hear that TFTW has gone into mothballs so to speak... But it is reassuring to know that a C&C 1 mod is still in the works, even if it will take even longer to come about.

Well, cheers for the update, and i hope that the TFTW in its current state (It's gotta be better than the last public release) is released sooner rather than later.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users