• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Progress As Of 1/04/05 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   skulking_ferrit 

• Mod leader
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

Progress on TFTW has not stopped completely but it has slowed down as niether war addict or I have been able to do much work on the mod. War addict will probably return in a couple of weeks once his exams are over unfortunatly as soon as his fiish mine start up so we won't be back to full strength untill June. At this point I would like to thank Marcjs and all the other memmbers who have been helping people out on the forums while I have been attending to real life matters.

I have though managed to find some time over the past few weeks for modding or to be more correct modeling I have been working on a 1,000,000 poly truck and will be showing it off in a couple of days. I've also made a new med tank model and will work on that if I get some spare time. I have got a couple things to show off before I dissapear completely mainly being the finished version of the old med tank and a new turret.

I have also bought a copy of act of war: direct action which I am playing in anytime I'm not studying or moddeling and if moddable it will provide a great engine to port TFTW on to or start a fresh mod on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   2114 

• Cyborg Commando
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

lol another medium tank!?! well it looks quite good u made it much better, the turret looks quite detailed too

also act of war is great! although I find it wierd how the terrorist people have stealth technology!

#3 User is offline   Commander-GDI 

• RACD Mapper
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

very nice models :thumb:

yeah, the mod with the AOW engine would be ..... :P

#4 User is offline   skulking_ferrit 

• Mod leader
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

well we'll have to see wither act of war is actually moddable, I rekon we could easily throw toegether a proof of concept as most of the models are in there already.

Also here is a comparison of the 2 med tank models the one on the right is the old one while the one on the left is the new one. Please tell me which one you think is better.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  comp.jpg (92.12K)
    Number of downloads: 100

#5 User is offline   Hicks 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

the turret is really really really REALLY BADONG !!!!!!!!!! >>> superb !!!!!!

#6 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:32 PM

As for me, Im about to go into my exams now but over the past while I have been researching some code.

When Im finished the exams, I'll get to implementing an RA2 like interface (closest we can get to a C&C interface) and a CY Code comprimise, that is CY will build but buildings will build up on the map, later on I'll add in pre-building.

so, it looks like all this should be ready for the next version, great thing about this new CY code comprismise is that the AI will work perfectly with it, no complications.

#7 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

hell yeah sounds good so they don't chronoshift about the place no more? and while im on this topic I vote left as the barrel is a bit too chunky in the old model and while im here still GDI commander is there any chance of making newer versions of your lag free maps? just asking :D

#8 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

I've also got act of war doesn't work at the moment need to get a upgrade for my computer :*(

porting TFTW over to act of war would be intresting could have very highly detailed models

ea might have something to say though

nb I've actually got exams in june-july too :*( :*( :*(

#9 User is offline   Colm (Waraddict) 

• Leader of Tiberian Dawn: Coding Manager, TFTW Team leader
  • Group: Network Leader

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

I wouldn't concern ourselves with a port to Act of War yet, we don't know how to mod it, what it can do if we can mod it and like marcjs said there, how EA would react if we did make a C&C mod.

#10 User is offline   cplHicks359 

• Cyborg Commando

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

they would do pertty much what your sig says they will screw you over so I would stick with zero hour for the time being and the fact that you haven't even started modding on AaoW (I doubt many other people have either) and whether it is mod friendly is another question aswell so only thing I have to say at the momoent stay to zero hour as they don't seem to care right now :D

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users