• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Superweapons? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Nubilus 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

I took this statement off an ex-westwood employees post:

Hunter / Seeker was originally supposed to show you a small menu of types of things to hunt down rather than being "random" as it turned out.

Original intentions with Tiberian Sun

So there would have been a menu, but we must remember that TS was rushed out the door (because of EA obviously, Westwood was bought during TS:s development).

I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like total control, more like categorical selection.

#22 User is offline   Garompa 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

can you post what it says in the link? Im not going to join a whole forums for just looking at one post.

#23 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

Yeah I sort of quoted that on page 2.....

#24 User is offline   Nubilus 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostGarompa, on May 15 2007, 02:18 AM, said:

can you post what it says in the link? Im not going to join a whole forums for just looking at one post.

Sure,

Wow. I have to rack my brain to remember all that stuff. Some things I can remember off the top of my head...

Yes, there was a loadout screen where you could choose units to take into battle. This was also planned for C&C3, which we had working in the WW prototype, but that wasn't the direction taken by EA. The drop pods, added in Firestorm, were supposed to be in TS (and customizable before a match) for GDI.

Lighting was supposed to make a huge difference for day/night play, and units in the light were susceptible to turrets at further range than normal, plus the spotted unit(s) were going to get shot range reductions for being in the light.

Hunter / Seeker was originally supposed to show you a small menu of types of things to hunt down rather than being "random" as it turned out.

Terrain differences were there, but we didn't have time to get them all balanced, so we opted not to make them all different and risk messing up the balance, since designers didn't build maps with terrain modifying unit speeds in mind.

Airstrike line sounds like one left over from C&C that was still in the files.

Icons -- no idea why they were changed.

There's a few answers for you.

Mighty BOB wrote:

Yeah I sort of quoted that on page 2.....

Hehe, well basically I just jumped in at the end without going through what was written before. :-]

#25 User is offline   Bittah Commander 

• Commando
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

It was 'Ishmael-PG' (Adam Isgreen) who posted that by the way.

#26 User is offline   Wingdingo 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

If the Nod Chemical and Cluster Missiles are going to be as uber as the Ion Cannon will be in TSR, I demand (lol jk) a better Firestorm Defense that keeps those missiles from striking deep into a GDI base (One of the assumptions and dissapointments I had from the Firestorm Defense in TS.) Now that was a dissapointment. Waste of power and money in my opinion.

How would choosing which units are in Drop Pods be possible in TSR if it was going to be utilized? Cause I'd love to be able to have two Light Infantry, Disc Throwers, and a Medic drop in in an emergency.

Hypothetically, if The Forgotten were ever added as a playable side, what would they have for a super weapon? ¬_¬ Perhaps some sort of Mutant beacon that "summons" all kinds o' nasty Tiberium critters to harrass GDI and Nod bases

#27 User is offline   Minotaton 

• Minigunner

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

A good use for drop pods would be like deep striking on DoW, have a structure that u can send the units u want to drop pod into battle. max of say 8-10 and they have a count down before they are ready to drop into battle!!! could be nice and tactical then rather that doing a little damage. imaging dropping a commando at the back of a base!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users