Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minigun Black Hawk Transport issues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Madin 

• Rocket Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

I'd like to include a Black Hawk similar to the one seen in the Tiberian Dawn FMV http://www.cnc-sourc...wimage&img=6734

The Primary weapon will be the minigun & any troops that are being transported inside it will also ba able to fire from it:
1. Is it possible to have the helicopter appear like the Orca does when built, but once it takes off from the airfield, it no longer reserves a space? (preferred). Or have the helicopter appear from above like the Hammer head does in Kane's Wrath?
2. Has the main weapon will be firing from the side, I'd like the helicopter to attack targets with the minigun side-on (The Orca attacks head-on). How would I go about coding this?
3. The helicopter has to be able to land to pick up and drop off troops, is this possible on the Orca locomotor?
4.Would there be any issues with there being garrisoned weapons & the main (minigun) weapon conflicting? For example the garrisoned weapon being used instead of the minigun? (I'm mainly thinking about the side-on attack that the main weapon uses vs the all around attack of garrisoned weapons).
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hmm, #2 sounds like a tough one.

#3 User is offline   Madin 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

View PostMighty BOB!, on 20 February 2010 - 08:37 AM, said:

Hmm, #2 sounds like a tough one.

Indeed , I cannot get it to work! >_<

#4 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Well I was thinking you could rotate the main bone so that the "front" is the side with the minigun, so when it rotates to the "front" to "face" the target, it would really rotate to the side. But this would have the side effect of making it always fly sideways since the front of the mesh would be the side of the bone. :P

That is, unless you could make a locomotor that makes it move "sideways," which would be the front of the mesh, but really the side according to the bone.

#5 User is offline   Madin 

• Rocket Soldier

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

I was thinking about having a separate 'ATTACK' locomotor, but I'm not sure if that could be coded to strafe side on.
It is a problem that is beyond my coding ability.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users