• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ownage all because of one enemy mistake Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NeoSaber 

• Renegade Mapper
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 31 March 2003 - 01:27 PM

I was playing Renegade earlier. The map was Canyon, 20 player server, Nod winning when I joined the game. I joined GDI to find that a flame tank was circling our base. I became an engineer to keep the buildings alive until the flame tank was gone. I changed to a grenadier and ran to the Nod base to score some points. After using all my grenades on the Hand of Nod I ran into it setting off some C4.

I respawned, now with enough money for my favorite vehicle: the medium tank! I became a grenadier, jumped in my med tank and drove over to the tiberium field and started to pound the airstrip. 2 stealth tanks decided to attack me. One left the fight after taking some damage but the other relentlessly pursued me as I retreated towards the GDI base. Unfortunately, my tank was destroyed. Unfortunate for Nod that is. :lol:

The stealth tank then proceeded to kill me, failing every time he tried to crush me and missing every shot. This whole time I was firing grenades at him. Finally, as he had a sliver of health left he drove off as fast as possible. I chased after him, even across the tiberium, hoping one lucky grenade would finish him off. Fortunately for me the tank got out of range.

I kept chasing the stealth tank as it drove into the tunnel under the Nod base. I ducked behind the pillars, worried the second stealth was pursuing. As I moved behind the pillars, I saw the tank being repaired. He had gotten out to fix it! I jumped in the tank, only half healed but I didn't care, got him to chase me in one direction, but then I cloaked and went the other way.

As I came out of the Nod tunnel, in their base, I came face to face with a stealth tank. I ended up driving backwards over the airstrip, the stealth tank pursued me, just as a buggy got purchased. The stealth tank was destroyed! No one else saw me re-cloak! I drove behind the Nod refinery and destroyed it as other GDI players attacked the Nod base, distracting Nod. I then tried the same at the airstrip, but Nod was able to repair faster then I could damage it, so I left to get repairs as the GDI base.

During this, Nod had nuked our refinery and barracks. Signs pointed to a Nod victory at this point, they had more points and only one building to destroy, but I had their stealth tank. :twisted:

I went back to the Nod base. The rest of GDI focused on the Hand of Nod, while I destroyed the airstrip in the confusion. I then aided in finishing off the Hand, which was ultimately destroyed by an ion beacon.

Moral of the story: Never repair your tank on a blind corner, unless you want to cost your team the game.

#2 User is offline   Assassin 

• Black Hand Assassin
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:54 PM

This belongs in War Stories forum really NeoSaber. thats why I've moved it to there ;) . Nice story hehe I've had some games like that were they've done something stupid and I took advantage of it muahahaha.

#3 User is offline   Phenoix 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:26 AM

Intresting
:stupid:

#4 User is offline   Su004 

• Da Moddie

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:34 PM

:thumb: Too much to read but by your title I get the point :-p

#5 User is offline   NeoSaber 

• Renegade Mapper
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:18 PM

When I originally started writing that I was just going to write a few sentences to say what had happened. As I wrote, it got way out of control. XD

#6 User is offline   Phenoix 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:05 PM

What people don't take the time to read anymore how sad :(

What has the world come to ?

#7 User is offline   Su004 

• Da Moddie

Posted 30 June 2003 - 09:39 PM

NeoSaber, on Jun 16 2003, 09:18 PM, said:

When I originally started writing that I was just going to write a few sentences to say what had happened. As I wrote, it got way out of control.  :lol:

I love when I do that somehow but people dun read much lol

#8 User is offline   freeman45 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:55 PM

Part 1
So the story begins when I was playing GDI the TS map "Platform Wars." I had Firestorm Defence all around my base so the missiles and hunter-seekers of my 3 Nod enemies couldn't get in. I had a HUGE air force of 50 GDI Orca Fighters and I set them to a Waypoint-Loop Patrol on the map and used my Ion Cannon to destroy any SAMs that they were using. But it turns out Nod 1 was out of power, so I destroyed his Con. Yard and his remaining Advanced Power Plants. And to finish the job, the Mammoth MK. II moved in for the kill under GDI Juggernaut support fire to annihilate this enemy.

Part 2 coming soon

#9 User is offline   freeman45 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 04 February 2004 - 01:56 PM

Part 2
I had just destroyed Nod 1 and I was feeling really good. Anyway, Nod 2 sent about 6 or 7 Banshees over to destroy my Con. Yard. MISTAKE! I acitvated the Firestorm Defense Field, and WHAM! All of his Banshees' were blasted out of the sky leaving his base open for attack, because he/she used their Banshees' as Defenders/Attackers so that person was pretty much defenseless except for the Obelisks of Light and the well deployed SAM network, and the bridges to their base were destroyed. Time for the Juggernauts! I used the 10 Juggernauts I had from destroying Nod 1 and set 5 on a Tiberium island he had connecting to their base. To mop it all up, I sent Mammoth MK. II in to finish the job.

Part 3 coming soon!

#10 User is offline   freeman45 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:41 PM

Part 3
Nod 1, Dead. Nod 2, Destroyed. Nod 3, Staying alive. This guy was a pain in the :cuss:'in ass! Beside this guy was a jerk, too. Anyway, things were going bad for me because this person took advantage of my mommentary abscense. He Sub. APCed his way into my tiberium islands use rocket infantry and cyborgs with the Cyborg Commando to blast away at my defenses. Luckily Ghost Stalker managed to distract them long enough for an Orca Carryall to bring my Mammoth MK. II to get to the Service Depot and kick Cyborg ASS!

After the attack of my base, I wanted payback. Using my unique tactical squads of 2 Titans, 2 Wolverines, 5 Light Infantry, 3 Disc Throwers, and 2 Medics. Using 5 squads I went by Orca Carryall. In fast, done fast. I lost 4 out of 5 of my squads. In the end if felt good and warm in my pants, for I hadn't gone to the bathroom when I should, but the action was so intense why leave. Some sacrafices have to be made.

*I don't think Nod 3 will be singing Beegees' songs anymore :lol: *

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users