New Concept Arts for CnC3/Tiberium Exactly what the title says
Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:55 PM
- I do not like squad shooters
- Tiberium had no C&C Mode
- all it had was capture-points multiplayer which is overused and dull at this point in games
- at first it was only going to be GDI-vs-GDI multiplayer until the fans complained (EA has a very bad problem with figuring out the obvious "no duh" stuff without fans prodding them)
- in multiplayer you only control AI squads against other AI squads controlled by less people than you can count on 2 hands, not fighting against real people
- you couldn't pilot vehicles only order them around
- bipedal aliens
- uninspired unit designs (some but not all)
- I still hate EA's "Cancer Emerald" Tiberium, although if they came up with a good explanation for why it changed and presented it in Tiberium's campaign I might accept it
Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:20 PM
They were trying to take everything on a Crysis, level of gameplay and view and push it even further. The fact that if you'd seen their flying units gameplay videos you'd know what I am talking about. Straight line flight, fires, and leaves. As Bob, stated the gameplay was bad, I'd count it was appalling. If you were to compare the gameplay of it at the point of canceling and Perfect Dark for the N64, Perfect Dark would look better and more appealing. The fact that all they were planning to do was an over the top form of Capture the Flag and hold points (like DoD and Insurgency) is just pathetic for a C&C game.
Why I always thought they should have made a RTS and FPS combine. There are a few of those out and about and lets face it their fun as hell.
Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:38 AM
Apparantly not from some of the things ive seen from them over the years Yes some was good but not enough to bring up the Reputation from the bad. And even then the Good always have Bad in it... Interesting...
Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:49 AM