CnC Source Forums: Gallery -> Recent Comments - CnC Source Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »

Recent Comments

Concept for Nod MCV > ConYard Animation

-DRIFT- 

08 August 2009 - 07:04 AM
I got my inspiration of the digger system from The Matrix Revolutions,

Note the light from the spinning driller-thing shining through the ground as it goes under, I suspect that can be achieved with glowing sprites.

The ground caving in (like in War of the Worlds when the Tripod comes up) as it begins to send up construction elements and huge-ish boulders are forced up along side them, as an added protection.
Pheonix Base

Madin 

14 July 2009 - 07:18 AM
Indifferent about the Hover MRLS, will have to see the Harvester up closer, the rest is superb.
Three Kings

Madin 

14 July 2009 - 07:11 AM
The best unit so far.
What is our aim? Victory!

Madin 

14 July 2009 - 07:10 AM
The war factory and refinery are particularly excellent.
I'll definitely model those buildings for my mod.
Ezekiels Wheel

Madin 

14 July 2009 - 07:05 AM
Nice design, great detail. Shame that you'll very rarely 'see' them in game!
Tiberian Sun Rising

Madin 

14 July 2009 - 07:02 AM
Really nice detail!
Gun Walker concept

Kodaemon 

08 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Golan, on May 8 2009, 08:08 PM, said:

Are you sure that this is a Gun Walker concept? It looks very close to the initial Mastermind design which also featured such weapon in early versions.

The original name of the file, as posted by Michael Zimmerman himself, was "gun_walker_01.jpg"
Gun Walker concept

Golan 

08 May 2009 - 11:08 AM
Are you sure that this is a Gun Walker concept? It looks very close to the initial Mastermind design which also featured such weapon in early versions.
Scrin Harvester concept sheet

Mighty BOB! 

04 May 2009 - 05:20 PM
Reminds me a little bit of the Primal.
Shock Trooper concept

Mighty BOB! 

04 May 2009 - 05:19 PM
This actually seems to resemble that original Westwood concept for the Scrin. A lot of the angles and, uh, frills? are very similar.
Teleportation

Kodaemon 

06 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

nameme99, on Dec 8 2006, 08:31 AM, said:

I don't think he is being teleported, it's the missile flames burning him alive I think...

Uhh, that doesn't make sense, he's behind blast doors. Also, note that the arms spread pose is similar to the Ion Cannon ending in TD, which by all accounts is canon. The currently prevalent theory is that Kane narrowly (thus the burns on his face) escaped the Ion Cannon blast by teleporting in a similar manner.
The WW Team!

Kodaemon 

16 March 2009 - 06:23 AM
Why the APC? It's pretty obvious: these proud brothers are celebrating the liberation of this piece of military equipment from the hands of the scum GDI opressors! :D
Vega's face

Collins 

14 March 2009 - 02:42 AM

Golan, on Mar 8 2009, 02:11 PM, said:

Perhaps they're not for the armor, but something entirely different like... like...well, dunno. But this should apply to any explanation related to the armor.

Either way, I guess there's also the point that rule #1 of making a mainstream Sci Fi shooter is not to disfigure the face of the female lead in any such way.

Its a tech from the book (just like all these characters) I can remember the name at the moment but its quite common.
Cybernetic Screams

Nyerguds 

11 March 2009 - 02:32 PM
I sure made them scream :P

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PGgavitdvPY
Vega's face

Golan 

08 March 2009 - 12:11 PM
Perhaps they're not for the armor, but something entirely different like... like...well, dunno. But this should apply to any explanation related to the armor.

Either way, I guess there's also the point that rule #1 of making a mainstream Sci Fi shooter is not to disfigure the face of the female lead in any such way.
Vega's face

Kodaemon 

07 March 2009 - 03:56 PM
Well, I first thought this as well - implants used for interfacing with the armor. But then, Gallagher should have them too, right?
Separated at birth?

Golan 

06 March 2009 - 08:30 AM
I live for Burns, and I die for Burns. The difference is trivial.
Blizzard's Wrath

Golan 

06 March 2009 - 08:28 AM
They would probably have added a giant, cuddly super Kane. D:
Maja

Golan 

04 March 2009 - 11:10 AM
So, who else thinks the resemblance of her suit to the one from The Cell and Dracula (1992) isn't just a coincidence?
Vega's face

Golan 

04 March 2009 - 10:54 AM
I reckon those marks are like the ones on the nano-augmented agents in Deus Ex - just compare it to a printed circuit board and it's obvious.
Vega's helmet closing sequence (animated)

Golan 

04 March 2009 - 10:32 AM
I feel that the lighting is very odd in this sequence (as well as in the rest of the mission 1 video). Vega's face seems to be lit only by a very strong ambient light but no directional light, making his face appear as if it were pasted into the scene instead of actually being surrounded by his helmet.
Hypnotist Vs Assassin!

Assassin 

28 February 2009 - 03:18 AM
If you read my article on the Summit here at CnC Source: Summit Review

Crap just noticed all the gallery images it links to are now incorrectly linking to wrong images, I'll have to get that fixed.

Anyway Hypnotist won this first battle, I was too busy checking out all the cool Nod stuff lol and got swarmed by GDI pretty quick, although at this stage Nod was underpowered in this build of C&C3 anyway.

However I did win against Hypnotist in a match we played later and won glory for the Brotherhood :)

Think I'll go around and replace all these photo's with higher resolution ones and remove redeyes and stuff too..
Nod corporate female

Kodaemon 

27 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Golan, on Feb 27 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

For some reason she strongly reminds me of the Blade Runner character Rachel. @_@

I can see that too. A business-like femme fatale with an emotionless face walking through a futuristic interior... pretty much the same as Rachel's introduction scene.
Gallagher's helmet (animated)

Mighty BOB! 

27 February 2009 - 01:08 PM
HA! And that is why you have buzz-cuts in the military. Your hair stays out of your face and machinery. Also in hand-to-hand situations enemies can't grab it.
Maja concept

Golan 

27 February 2009 - 05:49 AM
This is more fitting for the DUNE universe IMO. Seems more like a fitting outfit for a low-tech, chaste person instead of a priest(ess).
  • 10 Pages +
  • Last »