Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Voxel Section Editor III 1.37 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Banshee 

• Rocket Soldier
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hello fellow CnC Source visitors! While most of you are exploring the new possibilities of the C&C3 mod SDK, I have a good news for those retro modders, who still like playing with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Unlike most of you may think, they are not ETs or myths. They exist! There are a lot of people who still enjoy modding these games, since they are very easily moddable. At Project Perfect Mod, I've released the Voxel Section Editor III 1.37, which edits the units, aircrafts and turrets from Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. This new version has smarter ways to find the ilumination of the voxel and also comes with several bug fixes.

Posted Image

- revisions by Banshee
- Added: Tangent Plane auto normals based on the article sent to SIBGRAPI 2007. This should find the lighting of the voxels in a more realistic way.
- Bug Fix: Import a section will no longer crash the system.
- Bug Fix: If the program is deactivated, the application will stop rendering, severely reducing the cpu load on idle moments.
- Bug Fix: Fixed some inconsistences with the coordinate system.
- Bug Fix: New Red Alert 2 voxels starts with normals of the type 4 (RA2) and no longer type 2 (TS).
- Bug Fix: Increased stability when opening and saving palettes, voxels and HVAs. Thanks VK.
- Updated: Community links, new program icon from IcySon55 and interface improved thanks to VK.

Support for this tool is available at the Voxel Section Editor III forum (guest posting allowed).

The Help file isn't being updated because I don't have its source (Stucuk may have it). So, the help is pretty much outdated.

The very latest internal/test versions and source code can be found at the Official Voxel Section Editor III SVN.

You can download it HERE, at our new CnC Source download system. If you accidentally own a C&C fan site or you are staff of it, you can place this program on your site for download. If you wanna modify it, go ahead. But on both cases, make sure that Will, Plasmadroid, Koen, Stucuk and I are credited for our efforts. And, have fun voxelling!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users