• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Ultimate Suggestion Thread Got an idea? Post it here. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Darkkanex 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

I think many of you have an idea or suggestion for Commando, this is the place to post them.

Like the Commando unit would have said:
"Keep 'em coming!"

/Darkkanex

#2 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:49 PM

don't have limited vehicles (as in the amount you can build )

try not to limit your self to just things that were in TD

#3 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Both what you said have been already done for the mod, marcjs.

Have you looked at the weapons or vehicle list lately on the website?

#4 User is offline   Geostigma 

• Civilian

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

I have a problem to infatry units :S

Im suggesting this for both sides, a map to all units for I am a c&c whore owning every single version and copy ever made, incuding crappy generals

GDI UNITS (originals)

Minigun Infantry (should be changed to riflemen infantry

Grenade infantry

Rocket infantry

Engineer

-----------------------------------

Nod units (originals)

Minigun Infantry (should be changed to riflemen infantry

Grenade infantry

Rocket infantry

Flamethrower infantry

Chemical soldier

Engineer

----------------------------------

here is my infantry unit set up wich I find a little differnt but on its own, fallow though the TD setting

GDI custom fitted units

Technician (tool kit, pistol?)

Riflemen infantry (carries a m16)

Minigunner (carries a MG weapon)

Grenade infantry (carries grenades)

Rocket infantry ( bazzoka?)

Engineer ( tool kit, pistol?)

Commando (supressed sniper and pistol)

----------------------------------------------------

Nod custom fitted units

Technician (tool kit, pistol?)

Riflemen infantry (carries a m16)

Minigunner (carries a MG weapon)

falmethrower infantry (carries napalm)

Chemical infantry (tiberium chemical sprayer)

Rocket infantry ( bazzoka?)

Engineer ( tool kit, pistol?)

Commando (supressed sniper, pistol)
------------------------------------------------------

Now do take note that non of these ideas are much differnt from the way you have them set up but I really dislike the fact that GDI doesn't have a bazooka infantry unit, because in TD if you played/ own it you would know that later in the game you get the bazooka soldier.

I like the Technician idea and think its very nifty.

I have wanted to do a mod like this and found this site before but closed it and never found it again untill today, all I have to say is I gave up with my idea when I found that valve doesn't allow the use of complicated collision models for buildings makking them static usless props

Here is my attempt at porting a hand of Nod

Quoted from another forum that I posted this in

Collision mesh... very stupid thats about how complex it gets
The red lines are collision mesh

yea thats the no draw thing I was talking about

don't think it was worth it lighting was supposed to be red.. like I said light_enviroment penitrates model

#5 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:11 AM

Geostigma, on Aug 11 2005, 04:40 AM, said:

I have a problem to infatry units :S

Now do take note that non of these ideas are much differnt from the way you have them set up but I really dislike the fact that GDI doesn't have a bazooka infantry unit, because in TD if you played/ own it you would know that later in the game you get the bazooka soldier.

I like the Technician idea and think its very nifty.
I have wanted to do a mod like this and found this site before but closed it and never found it again untill today, all I have to say is I gave up with my idea when I found that valve doesn't allow the use of complicated collision models for buildings makking them static usless props
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Originally, GDI wasn't going to have a Rocket soldier and the Commando was exclusive to GDI. The rifle soldiers are called Minigunners because they have automatic weapons traninig.. No man could carry and fire a Gatling gun. The weapon is heavy and you would need lots of ammo to supplement it but such amount of bullets weighs a lot. This isn't a Hollywood movie.
And regarding Commando's weapons. The "BEOWP" "silenced" firing sound the Commando had in TD wasn't really the gun sound, more like the sound of bullet going at sonic speed.

You're working on a HL1 remake, right? But there is already a mod like that and it's called Black Mesa: Source. It would be better to join them, knowing the amount of work that needs to be done. I've also looked at your character models. Looks decent, but you seem to have some problems with smoothing groups. Max 7 is way much better for Source modeling (built-in normal mapping tools and such).
And once piece of advice: Porting models and textures from Renegade to Source isn't a good idea.

#6 User is offline   Pilotstroup_F15E 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:43 PM

I see nothing wrong with the infantry names so far, since it appears we're, at least in some small part, trying to keep in line with the original TD and work our way out to Tiberian Sun.

And actually, "riflemen infantry" is a redundant title. All riflemen are automatically (light weapons) infantry, MOS L11B. I still hope to see a little combat engineer in this (engineer armed either with an M9 pistol, Remmington 640 12-gauge shotgun, or M16A2 and equipped with demo), but that would add redundancy over the commando.

Infantry titles are fine as is:

GDI:

Minigunner (Rifleman if preferred, called light infantry in TS)
Grenadier (self-explainatory)
Rocket Trooper
Engineer
Technician
Commando

Nod:

Minigunner (Rifleman/Light Infantry if preferred)
Flamethrower (trooper)
Rocket Trooper
Engineer
Technician
Chem-Warrior
Sniper (The Nod Commando was referred to as their "elite sniper" by Kane in the cutscenes)

Realistically, you want to distribute soldiers of all classes within a squad. If possible, it'd be good to have six or nine man AI squads consisting of two-five riflemen, two grenadiers/flamethrowers, and two rocket troops so they're incredibly effective all around. I don't know what you guys have planned with AI use of APCs and Bradleys, but a squad like this would be best. I also don't know if you plan to have AI officers or NCOs like in the Renegade game, or just have them all grunts like in the original C&C.

Oh, and one other thing: what's the word on medics? Is it doable in this game engine, and if so, have there been any plans to implement them?

#7 User is offline   Geostigma 

• Civilian

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

im just making a suggestion, and I qouted every thing FROM THE MANUAL that I own and from playing THE REAL c&c td, and I added a few things

#8 User is offline   Pilotstroup_F15E 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

I wasn't saying you were wrong. And I've played all the current C&C games from Tiberian Dawn to Generals (but not the Zero Hour Expansion).

#9 User is offline   Dkafamus 

• Civilian

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:39 AM

Sup guys, second post here =P

I kinda liked the Ideias of C4 Commando, but got some doubts, and some suggestions:

- If it is a RTS, how will this influence the game? What will the commander do?
- Not all the vehicles on that list are player controlled, right?
- Got any release time to say to us?
- Infantry and vehicle buying, how will it be? Commander will buy it/them or players will buy it/them?

Suggestions:
- I don´t know how it is, but why not make rifleman the standard troop for every player? It would make early games more competitive. Unless I´m wrong, this mod would be something like Natural Selection in the C&C Universe, right?
- Make commando a limit character, like 3 characters on the team maybe be him. I guess if many get him, it´ll unbalance a lot the game, if there are too many snipers.
- Make mammoth Limited too. Too many will make the game unbalanced too I think.
- Give GDI a better anti vehicle infantry at least.

I guess that´s it. That´s just what I think, if you guys thinks your way is better, be my guest. I haven´t played the mod yet to say this, but anyway, here aew my opinions.

good luck with the mod...

#10 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

http://cnccommando.com/?c4=faqinf This answers most of your first set questions. So what does a commander do? He builds the base, all the units and commands troops, just like in most RTS games.

The reason why the amount of Mammoths and Commandos are not limited is because both are expensive, require most of the buildings to be constructed and take a lot time to deploy to battlefield. Thus you won't see those things popping up every second.
Let me tell about the differences between the sides:
GDI:
*Hi-tech
*Expensive units
*Poor defense, excellent against infantry but poor against armor
*Vehicles have heavy armor but are slower than Nod's
*"Brute force"

Nod:
*Low tech
*Cheap units
*Strong defense, excellent against armor but poor against infantry
*Vehicles are faster than GDI's but have weak armor
*"Hit-and-run tactics"

Both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. It's a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users