• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mtcs? Pfft, Who Needs Them? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   TiberianDamn 

• Scorpion's Revenge Co-Leader
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:48 AM

What would you do in any other C&C game? blow the defences to hell! I assume that HL2's Source engine can handle structures collapsing into rubble and then just advance over the rubble once they're destroyed. You may not be able to physically pass through at first when faced with a wall of defencive structures but with a mammoth tank I'm sure it won't be impassible for long.

#12 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:32 AM

Structure weak points: I apply the KISS rule here. Structures can be destroyed quickly only by destroying the Main Console.
Auto defences inside structures: No.
Build anywhere: No. You can build only near your own structures. Building in front of doors can be prevented.

#13 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:18 AM

well if u make this mod and it does what you say it will do it will be a great mod may even get me to buy halflife2

#14 User is offline   Kahgan 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:24 AM

same here

#15 User is offline   crix2k 

• Technician

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:46 AM

it might be a good idea to limit the amount of defenses that can be built, for obvious reasons. like for Nod maybe set a maximum number of obelisks they can build and a maximum number of turrets (depending on size of map)

#16 User is offline   aces_high 

• Undead Bogey
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:55 PM

Wait you guys don't have HalfLife 2 already?
HERESEY
...lol j/k But seriously.... get it. It is arguably the best FPS I have ever played. Period.

Now on topic. I understood that HL2 was originally going to have destructable terrain/scenery. IE you could blow out walls of buildings and such. But Valve took it out because it was too easily abused by players.

Is this feature still buried within the Source engine, or did they remove the code entirely? Or was this never in, and am I fully of bs?

It would be very interesting to blow out any side the Warfactory/Barracks/Refinery to gain access to the console....

#17 User is offline   marcjs 

• Commander Lazarus
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:37 PM

think that would have the same prob as it would have had in HL2

#18 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:32 AM

crix2k, on Dec 18 2004, 08:46 PM, said:

it might be a good idea to limit the amount of defenses that can be built, for obvious reasons.  like for Nod maybe set a maximum number of obelisks they can build and a maximum number of turrets (depending on size of map)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But defences are not free. For example, the Obelisk of Light costs 1500 credits + the amount of power plants required to operate.. that means 10 Obelisks would cost at least 15000 credits.

#19 User is offline   crix2k 

• Technician

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

well if they were going to add destructable terrain, then maybe they didn't take it out, they just decided not to implement it.

yeah I guess I see how the cost and the power requirements will limit the number of defenses.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users