CnC Source Forums: General Questions Regarding C4 Commando Mod - CnC Source Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

General Questions Regarding C4 Commando Mod Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lord Grievous 

• Flame Trooper
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:05 AM

Hello, I just stumbled upon your site and I must say that this mod looks rather spiffy!
But since I have some questions regarding the gameplay and such I thought why not start a topic on that (I think a lot of stupid questions by the way:) so without further ado here goes:

* will you strife the same graphical quality as the source engine is capable of, and will you include physics as well?

* can you actually build those buildings like the Power Plant and barracks or are they set by the level? and would it be possible for an engineer to actually infiltrate and convert the buildings alliegiancy?

* so one could actually pilot stuff like the Apache helicopter and fighter planes as well as drive tanks and humvees?

* will there be some form of resource management (Tiberium) so that you'll actually need the Harvester or is it just that in some missions the goal is to destroy a Harvester to incapacitate the enemy's production?

* in skirmish/multiplayer modes will it be that some player can be an engineer to infiltrate buildings while others are anti-tank infantry or drive tanks while you yourself can fly a bomber to destroy an enemy's base?

* any plans of ever making the same type of Source mod based on the Tiberian Sun/Firestorm or Red Alert games?

* will the campaign's storyline be based upon the Tiberian Dawn game?

* will there be both green and blue Tiberium as well as those Vein Holes (from which Nod makes chemical missiles and Chem-Warriors) as well as mutants?

* will the civilians and or mutants be playable in multiplayer?

* in skirmish/multiplayer is it possible to drive a Harvester to collect Tiberium while your teammates defend your base or attack the enemy's base and your collected tiberium will provide funds to create additional base defenses or infantry or tanks?

* can you actually go inside buildings like the Barracks and Constuction Yard or are they just for your viewing pleasure?

* anything else you wish to share concerning this mod...;)

This mod looks very promising and I wish you all the luck in making this mod as you want it to be. Keep up the good work.

#2 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:35 AM

Most of the answers can be found on the site, just browse the menu on the left :)
For the rest, I don't want to spoil everything for you yet ;)

#3 User is offline   Lord Grievous 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:46 PM

But some of those questions weren't answered in full, could answer following questions perhaps in more detail:

* will there be some form of resource management (Tiberium) so that you'll actually need the Harvester or is it just that in some missions the goal is to destroy a Harvester to incapacitate the enemy's production?

* will there be both green and blue Tiberium as well as those Vein Holes (from which Nod makes chemical missiles and Chem-Warriors) as well as mutants?

* can you actually go inside buildings like the Barracks and Constuction Yard or are they just for your viewing pleasure?

I have never played C&C Renegade so I'm not familiar with it's gameplay that's why all these questions ;)

#4 User is offline   CommandoSR 

• Rambo
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

This is not about Renegade and you don't need to know its gameplay.

I'm sorry if the presence of a resource management system wasn't clear enough. . Why there is an entire page for Tiberium if it wasn't featured? And why there would be a Main Console that you would need to destroy if you couldn't get inside buildings? Would the engineer yell "All your base are belong to us" to capture a building? :P

#5 User is offline   Lord Grievous 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:00 AM

Well I know you were planning on incorporating the Tiberium, but that doesn't imply that it would be actively involved with the gameplay as an actual resource, it could just be eye candy to set the mood for a Tiberian Dawn based game. I mean they could just be some crystals scattered about the place with no real meaning, but if they are to be harvested in order to increase production and/or unlock new tech or units then that's really cool!
and the Consoles on these buildings could just as well be on the outside of the buildings for you to destroy them.
But anyway thanks for clearing some things up ;)

#6 User is offline   Darkkanex 

• Flame Trooper

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

Hey, nice that you have found this mod! Currently I'm working on the Mobile Headquarters model that will appear in some game modes (Mobile HQ Assault ). In Command & Conquer it only appeared in one video and in capture the flag when buildings are disabled.

Also don't forget that we have a moddb profile. (here)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users