CnC Source Forums: New Concept Arts for CnC3/Tiberium - CnC Source Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Concept Arts for CnC3/Tiberium Exactly what the title says Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Collins 

• TD Concept Artist
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I really have to ask how unsatisfactory must some thing be before they kill it because EA has put out a bunch of crap (although they have improved in recent years).

#12 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

View PostGeneral Aurum, on Jan 15 2009, 04:44 PM, said:

Why, though? :P I've heard that many times, but no one ever explains the problems they have with it.

• I do not like squad shooters
  • Tiberium had no C&C Mode
  • all it had was capture-points multiplayer which is overused and dull at this point in games
  • at first it was only going to be GDI-vs-GDI multiplayer until the fans complained (EA has a very bad problem with figuring out the obvious "no duh" stuff without fans prodding them)
  • in multiplayer you only control AI squads against other AI squads controlled by less people than you can count on 2 hands, not fighting against real people
  • you couldn't pilot vehicles only order them around
  • bipedal aliens
  • uninspired unit designs (some but not all)
  • I still hate EA's "Cancer Emerald" Tiberium, although if they came up with a good explanation for why it changed and presented it in Tiberium's campaign I might accept it

#13 User is offline   General Aurum 

• Miles Invictus
  • Group: Public Relations

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Fair enough. I still have to diasgree with you on the first aspect, though. I think that taken as a whole, the "squad leader" concept was a solid idea. I would have given it a try, at any rate.

#14 User is offline   NodMan 

• SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

View PostGeneral Aurum, on Jan 15 2009, 08:23 AM, said:

The Unreal Engine seriously can't handle these sorts of physics? That seems rather... how should I put it? Unbelievable. Could you perhaps clarify what you mean? I still don't get why people view the game as "doomed from the start."

They were trying to take everything on a Crysis, level of gameplay and view and push it even further. The fact that if you'd seen their flying units gameplay videos you'd know what I am talking about. Straight line flight, fires, and leaves. As Bob, stated the gameplay was bad, I'd count it was appalling. If you were to compare the gameplay of it at the point of canceling and Perfect Dark for the N64, Perfect Dark would look better and more appealing. The fact that all they were planning to do was an over the top form of Capture the Flag and hold points (like DoD and Insurgency) is just pathetic for a C&C game.

Why I always thought they should have made a RTS and FPS combine. There are a few of those out and about and lets face it their fun as hell.

#15 User is offline   Havoc 

• Chem Warrior
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Yes i see where your getting at Dont EA understand what Good means?

Apparantly not from some of the things ive seen from them over the years Yes some was good but not enough to bring up the Reputation from the bad. And even then the Good always have Bad in it... Interesting...

#16 User is offline   Golan 

• funky spacebeat opposition
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

TBH I always thought of those "problems" as opportunities instead. The system does have quite a lot of potential and letīs face it, even the shooters that donīt go for this play style have become rather dull and repetitive too.

#17 User is offline   Stygs 

• Minigunner
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

Just found the homepage/blog from Kich Ma, one of the artists working on CnC3/4 and BFME 1&2

http://kich-ma.blogspot.com/

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users