Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This supprised me today O_o Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ihm 

• Not quite so dead...
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:44 PM

Sooo, I got the Sims 2 today, installed it and what not, grabbed a Mini Image off the web (Hate using CDs), loaded the game, and I got this as a splash screen rather than something sims 2 related.

Attached File  thefirstdecade.png (408.55K)
Number of downloads: 20

I was quite supprised to see it, I can only but assume its a unused splash screen for The First Decade (Duh...). At first I was stunned as to why it had came up, not the fact that I have never seen it before, mainly the fact I was trying to play the sims, then I realised my TFD disk was in, so for some reason the sims decided to show some image which was somewhere on the TFD disk as its splash screen.

Anyway, looks pretty cool IMO, they should have used it with the new logo instead, generals logo with TFD wrote on looks crap, and no, I didnt photoshop it >_>.

Anyway, moral of this story is, EA suck, there games use files off other unrelated CDs, why, who knows, lets see if we can get an unreleased game off the TFD disk by playing BF2 with the TFD disk >_>

#2 User is offline   Mighty BOB! 

• Dark Lord of the Source
  • View blog
  • Group: Network Admin

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:27 PM

Unused assets are always an interesting thing to see.

That's pretty weird that the Sims is what grabbed it though. o_O

#3 User is offline   Krit 

• Elegant Staff Member
  • Group: Network Moderator

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:50 PM

I saw something like this once, I think it was BF1942 SWWWII though that I was trying to access but left the TFD disk in. Although I remember seeing a different one... Not sure.

#4 User is offline   One Winged Angel 

• Westwood 3d > All
  • Group: Network Mod Staff

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

Wierdness.

#5 User is offline   BogdanV 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: VIP Member

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:01 AM

About this stuff, probably EA is standardising its products (installer, autorun,etc.), but thanks to the poor job, someone probably messed up TFD files with The Sims files. And I think that this won't be the last weirdness. Probably other games allso have their files messed up, not only Sims and TFD.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users